Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Sunday, February 22, 2009

Moving time!

Hello friends,

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I really wish I had more time to blog. I have so much to tell. It's an exciting time in our household as we are moving. We have about 75% of our stuff at our new house. We have all the bedroom and living room furniture all set up so on Sunday we can just unpack clothes and the kitchen to be ready for school the next day. Needless to say...with starting my new job role, packing and moving...I haven't had much time to journal.
Here's a sneak preview of our new house.
I love my new kitchen...the maple is beautiful. All the cupboards are pull-outs!

Then I'm really looking forward to this! Although we are in search of some chemicals that aren't actually chemicals because I've had two very bad allergic reactions to the hot tub at our house right now. So, I haven't been able to go into ours here. At least not since the last time when Dave surprised me with candles and wine. Which ended with him speeding up to the drug store to get me benadryl. With it being so cold, it's not easy to drain. So, this spring we'll drain this one and hopefully find something that I can enjoy!

Ok, well I have a long week ahead of me. Tomorrow there's a funeral for a 6 year old little girl. She died of a brain tumor. Very sad! There could be anywhere from 600 - 1000 people at her celebration of life. What a special little girl. I just pray for her parents, other family and friends. This is not an easy time for them. So, please join me in praying for them.

I'll try to get one more post in before we make the final move!

I will close with this scripture. Paul was writing about his hardships to the Corinthians.

2 Corinthians 6:4-10

As servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.

Although we die on this earth, we have the opportunity to live on with Christ. I pray for each of you and that you know Him. And if anyone reading this does not know, I mean really know, the true love of Christ I pray that you do. Seek Him and He will find you.

Bless you all!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment