Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Don't worry be...

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." — Philippians 4:6 NRSV

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6 NLT


I love this passage. I've had to lean on it many times throughout these past few years. It gives us specific instructions.
  1. Don't worry - how much will worry help anyways? It won't. 
  2. Pray about everything - notice it doesn't say "pray about some things". Supplication is to pray earnestly or humbly.
  3. Tell God what you need
  4. Thank Him for all he has done - not just the good things, but ALL things.

There are times when I'm sure that most of us do not want to thank God. I mean, I have friends and family that have buried their children. Who would want to thank God for that? Maybe what this means is that we're to find the good in all things and thank him for that. That we would thank him that we will spend eternity with our children. I don't know. The thing I'm learning is that I don't have to know. I don't have to have the answers for everything. I'm ok with that. I'm actually thankful for that.

I will put away my worries and trust in Him.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I'm a worrier. But lately, I've been realizing that I know so little of the future . . . well, zilch actually. But God --- He knows. He knows what's best, and He knows all the ins and outs and could, would and should bes. So, I've decided that He really should decide. I'm learning to trust that He knows and does what's best -- even when it means that two of my friends buried baby girls this year.

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment