Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Thursday, February 10, 2011

Don't worry about anything...

instead, pray about everything!

When I am worrying about something or afraid os something happening, I turn to this passage. It's a passage that I not only read, but act upon. It is a step by step passage that leads to peace. I recently had the opportunity to teach a Bible Study at our church. There are anywhere from 80 - 120 people that attend the study. I really was doing it out of obedience. It was part of my Potter's Wheel Development plan, which I chose. But I was afraid. I thought about cancelling many times. While I was writing my talk I came upon this passage. It fit very nicely into the end of my talk. Something I could give the participants the opportunity to DO.

The funny thing: I wrote it up and I even made a handout about it. Then I told a friend and my boss that I left this off my handout outline in case I decided not to do it. And even while I was typing this into my talk, I was still thinking of ways to get out of doing the talk. Until the afternoon of my talk, I finally heard the Lord tell me...hey...this is for you sweetheart! Wow! Duh! So I did. I prayed about it, I thanked God for the opportunity to teach, and gave my worries to Him. It really did give me peace.

I thought I would share it with you. Try it!

READ IT:


Philippians 4:4-9 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.


6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

DO IT:

Philippians 4:4 says always be full of joy in the Lord. Rejoice!

So, let’s rejoice! “Thank you Lord. We are blessed. We praise you!”

Verse 6: Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he had done.

Take your worries and give them to God. Tell Him your needs.

Verse 7: Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Take a deep breath, sit and allow God’s peace to fill you.

Verse 8: And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Now fix your thoughts on what is true

What is true? What are you believing? You are a child of God, you are a winner, you are victorious, you are loved, you are healed, you are worthy, etc.

…on what is honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent

I am alive, I have food to eat/clothes to wear/a place to lay my head, I am loved, I am a daughter/son of the King of Kings, I am blessed, I have wonderful friends, etc.

…Now think of things that are worthy of praise.

You are worthy God! I am blessed! I am here! I can worship you Lord! We praise you Jesus! You are good! You are worthy! Your love endures forever! AMEN!

Verse 9: Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.


This passage calls for action. He tells you what to do. And IF you do it...THEN you will have peace.

No matter where you are in life...if you're on the mountain top or in the deepest valley, I pray that you can rejoice and have peace!

Bless you my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment