Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Sunday, October 9, 2011

Do you hear the whispers?

Ok...so I decided to look through all of my drafts. I have 49 posts that I have either written or started to write but have yet to publish. I'm not sure if this one was done or not, but I wrote it exactly one year ago. Now I have 48 posts unpublished.

-----------------------------

When you are in the midst of a crisis, what do you hear? What do you see? What do you feel? I was listening to Pastor Bill Johnson (Bethel Church) at a conference the other night (actually...last year :). I just love listening to him. He is so thought provoking! 

Often times when we are in the midst of a trial, it's hard to know what God is doing or saying. Dave and I have been through some pretty tough trials over the past 3 years. Of course, not that tough when I think of what some of our friends have gone through. And I do keep that into perspective. Friends have lost children and friends are fighting for their own lives. So, when I say we been through trials, they are nothing in comparison with that. But when we've gone through our trials, there are times when we have complete peace. We were going through a tough time, but we knew what we were doing and that it was God's will for us. We were being obedient and we really were ok with it. At that time we both spent a lot of time on our faces. We both spent a lot of time seeking God's face too. I would say that is why we had peace through it all. The kind of peace that surpasses understanding.

That would bring me to Bill's comments about this. He was talking about how we need to focus on the heavens. God says to pray for "thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven". What does that look like? All of us should be developing a focus from the open heavens. How is that developed? Through a relationship through the holy spirit. But it can't just be in church during worship. It has to be developed when there’s no pressure to perform. If we only develop the relationship through ministry, we have become professional intimates. Hmmm...that's a thought.

When we’re facing a crisis, it’s hard to hear if you don’t know His heart beat. In the loudest conflict, usually he's whispering. So, we need to be in tune with God. We need to know His will for our lives. If we spend enough time with Him, we will know this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment