Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Thursday, October 25, 2012

In which I tell you...

...how things were SUPPOSED to go. MY plans were that we were finished with Potter's Wheel and finished with medical issues. Well, that's not exactly how things have gone.

In fact, in the past three weeks I have had one trip to urgent care, one trip to the ER, 1 ultra sound of my pancreas, kidneys, liver, and gallbladder, chest x-rays, CT Scan of my chest, 3 EKG's, numerous blood tests, a HIDA Scan, a visit with a surgeon, and today I had a Stress Echo Test. Oh...and how could I forget...in the midst of this I broke a piece of my tooth off and had to get my first crown. Tomorrow I get to have the real one put on. Yeah me. :)

I have had chest pain, shoulder pain, upper quadrant abdominal pain, back pain between my shoulder blades, and behind my right shoulder blade. I've also had shortness of breath, sweats, light headedness, and nausea amongst other stuff.  They have ruled out blood clots and a pulmonary embolism and infectious stuff as well. They have also ruled out stones. My HIDA Scan Injection Fraction was a 35. Normal is 65-85. Below 35 is an abnormal score. I am borderline. The surgeon did not want to just take out my gallbladder. I was pleasantly surprised about that. He wants to make sure it's not something else. I am also going to try some home remedies...so if anyone has any ideas...let me know. The last thing I want is another surgery.

I should get the Stress Test Results from my doctor tomorrow. But the fact that they let me leave is obviously a great sign. :) The next step is to have a full round of GI testing. So...I will have an endoscopy, colonoscopy, and an abdominal CT Scan. I've never had either of the first two tests and can honestly say I'm not looking forward to them. But I am looking for some relief. I have felt horrible for these past three weeks. Out of the blue it will feel like someone just stabbed a knife into my back. It lasts for a few seconds and then it happens again. Sometimes every 30-60 seconds. Sometimes that goes on for 1 or 2 hours straight.

So...if I could ask for your prayers for wisdom for the doctors. And for me. I am looking forward to starting a 60 Day Challenge with a bunch of friends. It will be a great incentive for me to do a full detox. If anyone would like to join us...just let me know. We officially start on November 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment