Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Thursday, December 20, 2012

The New Pastor

Not sure how to say this. It's foreign to me. It's strange to say it. It's just writing it out sounds so "official". It's the start of another chapter in our lives. Maybe this is the start of a new book. It's been years of testing and character refining. It's been a road that the Lord directed us down. I've watched him grow. I've watched him change. I've watched him struggle. I've watched him soar. I've watched him minister. It's been part of God's plan all along.

My husband is officially a Pastor!

A few months ago I was at the Dorothy Day Center. I was setting up some tables when this woman came up to me and asked for Pastor Dave. I said I didn't know who she was talking about. Ha...she was talking about my husband! The people he ministers to have considered him their pastor for months. He actually already married a couple with another pastor signing the marriage license. He will no longer need to have another pastor sign the papers.

I'm proud of Dave. I'm proud of the amazing man of God he has become. He has allowed God to work in and through him in a humble way. He said yes to God and continues to follow His lead. While satan has tried to bring this to a halt, he did not prevail.

In February we will fly out to California, thanks to some very special friends who gifted us their sky miles for our plane tickets! Dave will be commissioned by Pastor Bill Johnson from Bethel Church. It's surreal. He will be covered under the Global Legacy organization.

What I would ask is that you would lift Dave and our family up in prayer over the next few months. Breakthrough has started a church for the homeless and this time is an exciting time that is not without its challenges. Actually, Breakthrough has been doing "church" outside the Dorothy Day Center for over a year. They are just moving it inside now. Of course, the enemy does not want us to succeed. He does not want us to reach the community in supporting their neighbors, the homeless. He does not want us to help them. He wants them to stay isolated and alone.

It's a new chapter for us and we are excited to see where God will take us. I am now a "pastor's wife". Hmmm....that's even a little weird to say! :) In all seriousness...I'm proud of you babe! You continue to amaze me with your faith and trust and lack of fear. I know that God is going to continue to use you in powerful ways. I love you, Pastor Dave!


1 comment:

  1. Exciting news, Engman family! I knew nothing of it, but to be honest, it doesn't surprise me in the least. You all have great hearts for the Lord. Congrats, blessings, hugs, and happy holidays from Kathy Bunkers!

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment