Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My favorite Hearts at Home speaker: Ken Davis!


Day 3 of the contest. Remember to post your comment to be entered in the contest to win your choice of one of the books on this page. (Except Simple Romantic Nights) To leave a comment, scroll down to the bottom of this post and in the right corner, click on comments. You can do this at the end of each day and that's how many times you're entered in the contest. :)
When Hearts at Home asked me to blog about my favorite speaker, I was trying to think of all the ones I heard. I liked all of them. BUT Ken Davis was hands down the funniest and most motivating speaker I've EVER heard. I can't say enough about him. And he is going to be at the Hearts at Home Conference in Rochester. November 7 - 8, 2008. No lie...if my husband doesn't go deer hunting (fat chance), I am so there! There are workshops that range from tips on cooking, getting organized, parenting, marriage, deepening your childrens faith, to having hope. Click here to view the list of keynote speakers, entertainment, and workshops. IF there's anyway that you can get away for the weekend or even Friday to Saturday, I would highly recommend it. Ask God to make a way for it to happen. If He desires for you to go, He WILL make it happen.


Matthew 6:33 clearly instructs us, “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”


If we seek God first, He will give us what we need.
  1. Questions of the day: Do you struggle with seeking God first each and every day? Tell about your struggle OR how you've overcome this struggle. Do you have an accountability partner to help you stay on track?
  2. If you've been to a Hearts at Home Conference, who was your favorite speaker? Tell us why?

Conference Dates:

October 3-4, 2008 Grand Rapids, Michigan
November 7-8, 2008 Rochester, Minnesota
March 13-14, 2009 Bloomington, Illinois

Click here to register or for more information.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You make a difference in the lives of many!

Blessings,

Christine

5 comments:

  1. Hearts at Home is the best!!! My favorite speaker was Lisa TerKeurst from Proverbs 31 ministry
    http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/
    She was so funny, real and I love her Biblical insight on being a wife and mom. She also has a GREAT ADOPTION story!!!
    www.needhamfamily5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to set an alarm to wake up before my family; if I don't have that time with God, I am one crabby lady.

    It's not pretty.

    Though I've never been to a Hearts-at-Home conference, a friend of mine loaned me a disc with Todd Cartmell teaching on kids and respect. It was a lifesaver. He wrote a book on the topic as well; you can cut and paste this into your browser to check it out:

    http://www.amazon.com/Respectful-Kids-Complete-Guide-Bringing/dp/1576839842/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,
    I was at that speaker. Funny, but I was going to mention him but I couldn't remember his name. I use several of his tips when it comes to "training" my children. I LOVE his flexible thoughts and fast listening! His book was not finished when he spoke, but I may have to get it now! I would highly recommend that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen,

    Yes, Lisa is amazing. I would love to have her come to Hosanna! to speak. It would have to be an act of God though as she is really expensive. But it's all God's money anyways, so pray, pray, pray! Wouldn't that be a delight?!

    Thanks for the comments. I know they're reaching people! Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle to set God first in my day. When the alarm goes off I am up and the day starts like a race. Sometimes the day is half over before I realize I haven't even said "good morning" to my loving father! I try to not get caught up in feeling guilty about the amount of time I think I should be spending reading or praying and all that, I just do what I can and I talk to God all the time. I pray for wisdom, I pray that he would teach me in my daily routine of things.

    My favorite speaker is Julie Barnhill. She is amazingly funny and brings the load of motherhood down and makes you feel like everyone goes through the craziness and everyone has their "not so great" mom moments and we can all laugh about them and be okay with not being perfect moms!

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment