Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ok - Let's try this again!

Well, I keep writing posts and then saving them, thinking that I should write something different. It's just so hard to know where to start. But then I realized that this is for me. This is really for me to have so that I can go back and read and remember the things that God is doing in my life and in my family's life. So, here it goes.

Today...well technically yesterday...was the Midwest Challenge Golf Tournament. It was really a great success. The testimonies that were shared there were so touching. It makes me even more proud of Dave and the work that he has chosen to do. For those of you who don't know what Midwest Challenge is...It is a Christian Non-Profit housing program. There are 3 different programs. One is the Genesis Program. This program houses men who have earned the privilege to live out the remaining 2 - 8 months of their prison term on work release. The Redemption Program houses men who are recovering from drug/alcohol addictions. Some of them are coming out of jail or are currently homeless. Others are coming from treatment programs and need help transitioning back into society. The Isaiah program is for those that have graduated from the other programs but they would like to continue on at MWC. It is a discipleship program that continues to pour into these guys. MWC does so much more than house these men. The staff here really have a heart for these men. One guy who gave his testimony said this (I'm paraphrasing): "Prison can take away a lot of things, but it can't take away your will. What MWC has done for him with the help of Christ, is to take away his will to do drugs and all the other stuff that gets you in trouble." This gentleman shared his testimony tonight along side his wife, 3 children, and his mother. The changes that he has showed are so amazing. His 10 year old daughter spoke and she not only had everyone in tears, but had the whole room on their feet. Praise God! He is so good and so faithful. Click on Midwest Challenge if you would like more information.

Now that the golf event is over..whew...it's on to getting ready for Amanda's graduation party. Or should I say "belated" graduation party. Well, better late than never right?

Here I go...thinking that I should just forget this post and do one another day. Well, not this time!!! :)

Ending with this scripture in honor of MWC and all that God has done.

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound." ─Isaiah 61:1

Good Night and God Bless,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment