Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Welcome to the Lake"

This is the sign right next to our door of our new temporary home. What a beautiful, peaceful place this is. I'm sitting in the upper loft, looking out a big picture window at the lake. People are skiing, fishing and having a great time. The water pushes up against the beach and I can hear a low roar of the boat engines. And then I sit here and think...why Lord are we are so blessed? It feels like we're on vacation.

Psalm 85:12 says: Yes, the Lord pours down his blessings.


Here is the view from our deck!















So peaceful and calm.


Many of you know our story and what we've been through over the past 1 1/2 years. It's been quite a journey. One that I would not want to be on without the Lord. He has been so faithful. I had been journaling through many months last year and when I had to revisit my journal so I could prepare for I talk I was giving, I was reminded of how much God loves me (and each of you)! What I might do is copy and paste those into some posts so that I have everything in one place. It's an amazing story that started out of pure obedience and ended up full of God's blessings.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's off to pick up the kids from their activities.

Mitchell has started playing flag football and he really enjoys it. Then it's off to gymnastics for Mackenzie and Hailey. They both started this a few months ago and they love it. Here are some pictures.

Serious concentration!














Will he catch it? :)












A Team Huddle with dad helping!
















Hailey is loving her first year of gymnastics. Her and Mackenzie took home the bronze medal in their in-house competition last month. It was a wonderful surprise that honestly, I never expected being that it's their first year. They just started back in February.


Ouch! That looks like it hurts!












Can you imagine doing this?












3rd Place! Congratulations!

















Mackenzie has already moved up to the Level 3 advanced. What does that mean? More time at the gym, more money, and more cringes from mom when I see her learning stuff like back handsprings!

Mackenzie on her birthday at the competition

Doesn't it look like she could snap right in half? :)




















This is where I start getting nervous!















Congratulations Birthday Girl!

















Amanda, the oldest and now an adult. Where has the time gone? As I'm busy getting ready to celebrate her "belated" graduation party, I find myself asking this question. I honestly can't believe 18 years has gone by.

Beautiful!














Now a high school grad!












Way to go sweetie. I'm so proud you!



To each of my children,

I love each of you with every fiber of my being. Each of you so unique and with your own special personalities. I thank God for each of you. You are His special gifts wrapped up and given to me and your dad.


Ending with this passage:
Psalm 112:1-3
1 Praise the Lord! How joyful are those who fear the Lord and delight in obeying his commands. 2 Their children will be successful everywhere; an entire generation of godly people will be blessed. 3 They themselves will be wealthy, and their good deeds will last forever.

My dear children, everything I do, I do for you so that you may be blessed!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment