Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, September 22, 2008

Operation Graduation: A Success!

Well, the graduation party was a big success. We could not have asked for a more beautiful day. It was sunny and warm for enough for the kids to go swimming and tubing. Having this party was a little more emotional than I thought it would be. I can't believe that my "baby" is 18 years old and is now an adult. One that will now be making decisions on her own. As a parent, you spend the entire young life of your child trying to train them up so they will make wise choices when they become an adult. Of course, they will still make the "wrong" choice from time to time. I know I still do that. But I will still love her just as I know that my parents love me even when I don't make the right choice. :) And God loves us no matter what. There's nothing that we can do or say that will make our Heavenly Father love us any more or any less. Thank you Lord for that! And I feel the same way about each of my children. There's nothing they can do to make me love them any more or any less.

Amanda

I'm so proud of you!


Amanda with her boyfriend, Josh and a friend, Tony

As I have always prayed, I pray even harder that God protects Amanda. I pray that He surrounds her with Godly people. I pray the He guides her down the right paths and that He blesses her abundantly.

Ending with this very fitting verse.

Proverbs 22:6 Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.

Trusting God with this promise from His Word.
Christine

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Amanda!! I still remember our days of enrichment at Southview Elementary:-)I always had a special place in my heart for you, and it is fun now, all these years later, to be connected with your family.
    You can do anything that you desire and I pray that God's desires for you come into fulfillment in your life. "For I know the plans that I have for you," says the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord....Jeremiah 29:11-14a

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment