Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Annabelle - the baby girl who captured my heart!

One day I was reading the newspaper. Now, I have to tell you that I don't read the newspaper. I never have. My idea of reading the paper is pulling out the ads. Yes! The ads. My favorite part of the paper. Well, on this particular day a picture of a beautiful baby girl caught my eye. Her name was Annabelle Loschko. She was a very sick baby that needed a heart transplant. Her parents had a Caringbridge website and once I got on and started reading, I was hooked. They were Christians with deep, deep faith. I was drawn to their writing, their faith. God really does know how to reach us. Over time I really fell in love with this sweet girl that I never met. The prayer requests that her parents put on the site each time they posted were unlike any prayers I ever heard. They were small, big, and specific. For example, after she got her heart one of the prayer requests was..."pray for pee". And they would give praise to God each time a prayer was answered. I began to talk about Annabelle and their faith with my family and friends. Annabelle seemed to be doing better. And then one day...there was no post. And that was very unusual because this family updated several times a day. I just knew something was wrong. And then the post came and I will never forget it. She started out by writing "This is the post I hoped I'd never have to write...Annabelle went home to be with Jesus." I couldn't believe it! I was so upset and I sobbed for days. But what came from that was even more unbelievable. Once again, their faith was amazing! They went on to write this, "We always knew that our little Annabelle would be a missionary. We just never knew how soon and how many people she would touch." Wow! And she was right. They had hundreds of hits every day. The thing is that I'm sure they were in pain, but they still had this amazing faith. Their writing was not of pain, but of hope. It touched my heart deeply. And it was then, that I wanted to have faith like that. I wanted to know where it was that they got their faith. So began my quest...my seeking.

-------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh! As I was writing this I really wanted to include a picture of Annabelle so you could see the sweet face that captured my heart. Well...I decided to google her name because I knew that the paper had a picture of her. Not only did I find a newspaper article about her, but I found her caringbridge website! Now...I have to tell you that what I wrote about was before I found her site. The words were just as I remembered. That's how profound they were to me. Anyways...here is Annabelle.




I hope and pray that her parents know what a legacy their baby girl has left. I'm not sure if they still check their comments on their CB site, but I think it would be really neat if they knew just one of the stories about how Annabelle is still touching lives. I can't tell you how many times I've talked about her in my testimony. The ripple affect she's had reaches far! One day in heaven we'll get to see that. :) If her story has touched you, leave a comment at their CB site. Click on Annabelle's name above her picture.

--------------------------------------------------------

By the way...I have to back up a few years. When Dave and I started dating, I started going to church with him. When we got married we were going to church and we even went to a Billy Graham crusade. At the Billy Graham Crusade, I asked Jesus into my heart. Although I really didn't know what I was doing or getting myself into. Romans 10:9-10 says, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved." So, at that moment I was saved. And even though I didn't have the faith that this family had, I was saved. And the Bible says, that all you need is faith of a mustard seed. Matthew 17:20 says "...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." I think that at that time, my faith was that small. But I had asked Jesus into my heart. And He was there. Growing. With each "fertilization or watering", He grew. This story with Annabelle, was a major watering for me. Although only God knows how many lives have been touched, changed and saved as a result of this, I know there are many. You see the power of the testimony is great. People can relate. It's how we glorify God!

------------------------------------------------------


When I think about where I was 6 years ago and where I am now...I really can't believe it.


Then I was working in the mortgage industry, trying to make more money so I could have nicer things.


Now I am working at a church, and believe me, not for the money. :) I work there because I love making a difference in the lives of others.


Then I loved my friends and family.


Now I love the lost.


Then I didn't know what my purpose in life was.


Now I have laser sharp focus. I'm here to love our Lord and and tell others about His love for them. I'm here not only to take care of my children, the gifts that God has entrusted me with, but to raise them up to be followers of Christ as well.


Then I was self-centered.


Now I am Christ-Centered.


What a difference a few years makes. What a difference a newspaper article makes. What a difference a day makes. What a difference ONE person makes! Folks, you don't have die in the physical sense to make a difference, but you do have to die to yourself.


I try to live this day for that day in which I will be face to face with Jesus.


Annabelle, thank you for being the brave little soul you were while you were on earth. For that short time you were here, you impacted many. And you are still impacting others with your legacy. To your faith-filled parents, thank you for sharing your sweet child with perfect strangers. Before I met your daughter, I had not saved one soul. Since then I have led many to Christ, and I am honored to say that Annabelle had a huge part in that.


Check back for a follow up post to this one, with a very important question.


To live is Christ,


Christine



1 comment:

  1. I noticed that you wanted the Pumpkin candy receipe from Heather's Blog so here it is! Love your Blog!
    Nancy
    Little Pumpkins
    (Peanut Butter Pumpkins) (candy)

    1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
    1 small jar peanut butter (12 oz)
    1/2 stick (1/4 cup) margarine, softened
    1 tsp. vanilla

    1tbs water (just enough to add food color to)
    Yellow & red food coloring

    1 (6 oz) pkg. chocolate chips
    green frosting in squeeze tube (for curly q’s on top)

    Cream margarine, peanut butter, vanilla together then add the powdered sugar and water with food coloring added. Put as much coloring as you need to make desired color. Shape into small balls and crease with toothpick. Top with chocolate chip and green frosting curlys.

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment