Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Thursday, October 30, 2008

Weightloss Challenge anyone?

Hello out there!



I've decided to try something a little different. Ever since I got ill after my fourth child, Hailey, I've gained weight. I weigh more than I did when I was pregnant with Hailey. That makes me mad, because I tried so hard to keep my weight down when I was pregnant with her. I only gained 17 pounds with her. That's amazing considering I gained 50 with my first! I know that there are times when I eat because I'm sad or stressed out, instead of going to my Heavenly Father. I want to stop doing that. I want to run to my Father instead of running to the fridge. He is my comforter.


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

I'm hoping that this will inspire and encourage myself and others who are trying to lose some pounds. Personally, I want to lose 50 pounds! I'm hoping to find one of those fabric tape measurers so I can record my inches and see them fall off too! I don't know about you, but I know that I am much more likely to follow through on things if I have some accountability. This is where you all come in. If you'd like to join in with me, I'd love to have you! You can sign in annonymously if you'd like. No one will know who you are! Share whatever you want. Share how many pounds you want to lose or don't. It's all up to you. The thing is to encourage one another. If you have any ideas, please leave them in the comments section.



Here's what I am going to do and share each week (on Fridays):

  1. Weigh in - I don't know if I'm brave enough to post my weight, but I will post pounds lost or gained.


  2. Record the amount and type of exercise I do. I want to exercise at least 15 minutes per day - at least to start out with. And for me...making something a habit works better if I try to do it everyday. That way if I miss a day I can just try it again the next day instead of trying to remember something every other day and then maybe missing 3 or 4 days in a row.


  3. Post any ideas of easy, healthy meals or exercise tips. Hopefully, they'll be given by you!


  4. Share victories we have!


  5. I'm going to write down everything I eat - although I won't bore you with those details.

You can join in at any time. If you're reading this and we've already started, that's ok. Just jump in.





"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Matthew 26:41


I will do this from Saturday, November 1 through Friday, January 2! That's 2 months. Wouldn't it be great to continue to lose weight or stay on track through the Christmas season? I don't know about you, but I know that when New Year's Day rolls around...I'm always feeling like I just ate my way through the holidays. That's probably why I always start out the year with "I'm going to lose weight and exercise this year!" Right! Anyone else out there who does that? Well, this year it WILL be different, because I'm starting NOW!

Check back on Saturday for the shot gun start!!!!

All God's Blessings and encouragement to you!

Christine


2 comments:

  1. I would liketo join you, if you dont mind. I was recently videotaped at work, and was horrified. I have a big presentation in March and need to lose this weight by then. Hopefully we can all help each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing a weight loss challenge on my blog called the Maggi Meltdown! You may visit my blog at http://MaggiTwo.blogspot.com I will be keeping a watch on your blog! I am on a plan that has different food groups each day! It's a 3 week metabolism reset strategy before you go on a regular diet! Good Luck! (I found your blog on MckMama)

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment