Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Friday, October 31, 2008

FFF - Favorite Photo of the Week

Happy Halloween! If you're new to my blog and are interested in some posts I wrote from the book "Redeeming Halloween", there are 4 posts. There are some fun ways to celebrate Halloween as a Christian. Start here.




Well, this next photo was easy but hard for me to decide on. I'll tell you why. Tomorrow, I am starting a Weightloss Challenge. Actually, I want to call it a "feel good" challenge or something like that. I've tried the whole New Year's Resolution and it just never works. So, I'm trying something different. I'm starting before the holidays! I would love for you to join me in this challenge. You do not have to want or need to lose weight to join this challenge. It can be anything you'd like to change about your life. Maybe you're a smoker (hint, hint to our parents), maybe you just want to start exercising, or maybe there's another habit you want to break. Or it could be something like making more time for your hubby or your children. Whatever the challenge is that you face, we can do it together. You can write your goals in the comments section and we can encourage each other! I'm really excited. Here's a great website you can see and read about a great way to write SMART goals. In fact, I think I'm going to call this The Better Together Challenge. I can't do this alone, I've tried. So, please join me. Let's encourage one another. You can join in at any time. In the right side bar, you can click on Follow this blog so we can all know how many are in this challenge and that we may stop by your blog and encourage you. If I can figure out how to do a Mr. Linky, maybe I'll do that. Let me know if you'd like that and I'll start investigating.



Ok...now on to the picture. I never used to mind having my picture taken, back in my skinny days. :) Now, I hate having my picture taken. I will do anything to hide behind someone else and that's only if I have to be in it. And rarely would you ever see a picture of me on this blog...unless I have to. Which because it's my blog, I don't really have to. So, here's my favorite photo of the week. It's my favorite because it's my "before" picture. And sadly to say, this one is the only picture I could find that was a recent full length shot. Of course, you'll notice that even in this picture, I'm partially "behind" the two standing on each side of me! :)











BEFORE








Ok, so that wasn't so bad! I can't wait to post my "after" shot on January 2. Who knows, maybe I'll do one or even two in between there.

How about you? Are you ready to GOAL for it? If so, join me tomorrow for The Better Together Challenge!

Paul is writing to the Romans and he says: "I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." Romans 1:11

And although I don't know many of you, I do feel this way. I long to know you so that we can be encouraged by each other's faith. I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you. Who will be the first to join?

To see more FFF posts, go to Kiss the Frog 4 Me

Bless you!

Christine

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely picture of your 3 kids, an I would like to join your challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting your new challenge! I started on Weight Watchers last December and have lost 30 pounds... I am finally getting in pictures again!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment