Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Friday, December 5, 2008

Be Thankful For What You Have

Yesterday the daily devotion I received was entitled "Be Thankful For What You Have". It's funny how God works. I really have learned through our journey what this means.

Colossians 3:15 (New Living Translation)
And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.


So often we can get caught up in our problems and forget about all the good things in life. This is not where God wants us. His Word tells us to always be thankful.

When I started reading this devotion I started thinking about how many people I know that have lost children. Recently, Dave's cousin Kristin, who by the way is continuing to improve. Praise God! Her husband Sean, a wonderful God sent man, was writing this morning about how he realizes what a miracle it is that Kristin is alive. Have you heard that Jesus is still performing miracles today!!! Now why God chose to save Kristin and not their son, I don't know. Please pray for Sean and Kristin. As Kristin is healing, she is also becoming more alert and will be coming into the realization of what happened. As of yesterday, Sean was not sure what she could remember and they had not started to process this tragedy.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/seanpeterson

The Olson Family are never far from my thoughts. They lost 2 children to a terrible disease. Shannon is quite an amazing woman. Her heart aches for her children, yet she continues to use her pain to help others. KARE 11 recently did a story on her and standing in the next room listening to what she was saying was heartbreaking. Yet what she's doing is simply amazing. You can watch the video by clicking here.


If you would like to help donate to these gift bags, visit their caringbridge site for details.

What I am constantly reminded of is that I am blessed. I am thankful for what I have. My perspective has changed greatly in the past few years. Do we have our hard times? Absolutely! I'm grateful that I have a God who promises never to forsake me. He will always walk with me, love me and hold me. What I have learned is that if I continue to focus on my problems or on what I don't have, I lose sight of what I do have. I have a small amount of time here on earth and I have much to accomplish.

I will choose to walk in joy. I will choose to be thankful for each and every problem I face. I will choose to seek God and trust in Him for every situation. I will choose not to live in a pit, but instead will choose to soar like the eagle God created me to be. The eagle who soars above the storm. And of course, I will choose to ask God for His help to do all of these things!

Have a blessed day!

Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment