Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Traditions

For those of you following the Better Together Challenge...sorry I haven't been updating about that. With everything going on...it just didn't seem important. Although today, I officially have lost 10 pounds!

----------------------------------------------------

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love giving gifts, I love the lights, I love decorating, I love spending time with family, I love making Christmas cookies, and I even love going to church on Christmas eve when it's the craziest day of the year

Last Christmas we started a new tradition and I'm really looking forward to it again. We had a birthday party for Jesus on Christmas morning. After our breakfast, we sang Happy Birthday Jesus and we gave Him gifts. My kids gave these gifts: "my heart", "my love", "I'll be good for Him". I gave Him more of my time. It was truly a special morning. No money could buy the things we were giving. They were all straight from our hearts.

Since our finances are extremely limited this year, we will be giving many of those types of gifts to our family and friends. We will be giving gifts from the heart.

SHARE YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS WITH US.

Merry Christmas! Christ was a gift to us, cherish Him.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment