Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day...a day early! Is anyone still there? Ha, ha! Seriously...it's been so long since I've been able to post. Even the post from the 9th had been scheduled a couple weeks in advance! We're still trying to settle in to our new home. I love it! We're still up to our chins in boxes, but we're getting there.

Of course, right as we were packing I starting working full time. Not only did I take on another role, but I still have my old job. And then on top of that I'm in charge of a church-wide serving project where we will make 40,000 sandwiches on Friday, March 20 and Saturday, March 21. It's really going to be an amazing thing. In two days we will make and deliver sandwiches to homeless shelters, churches and many programs all over the twin cities. We're going as far north as Blaine and then out to Hastings, and to Prior Lake, Lakeville, Burnsville, Minneapolis and St. Paul. Really cool! I'm so blessed to be a part of this. Although I must say it's been one of the more challenging events I've done. Thank God that I don't have to do it by myself. He's really there making things happen. I've had amazing volunteers step up and offer to help in the planning and other details that happen before the event. And we have an amazing staff at Hosanna! and they've been a great help as well. So far, we have had a refridgerated semi-trailer donated for the weekend, 4000 loaves of bread were donated by Sara Lee. Yes, I said 4000 loaves! That's how many are needed to make 40,000 sandwiches!!!! Then Super Target in Apple Valley donated 50 lbs of deli meat. And Sysco, our main food vendor has discounted our pricing of the meat and cheese. Way Cool! Go God! I just think it's really neat to be able to put a small contribution towards making sandwiches that kids can actually make and some will go deliver them. This has just touched my heart! We are going to actually feed 40,000 mouths! Right here, right now, in our very own city. If your heart is touched by this, you can help too. You can go online to find out more about this event and then register to help with making sandwiches or help with other volunteer needs for that weekend. The men, women, families, children that are going without food is unbelievable. We are partnering with an organization called 363. You can find out more about them on their website. http://www.363days.org/ There's also a video that our Youth Ministry Team put together for junior and senior high students. It's powerful. Click here then Click on 2008/2009 Videos then find "Live Feed, Meet Kevin". I was crying throughout the entire video. It just grabbed my heart. It gave me a renewed passion for this 40,000 sandwich project. You do not need to attend Hosanna! Lutheran Church in Lakeville to help with this amazing event. You only need to have a heart for those that are homeless and hungry!


Well, I will leave you with this scripture which is actually about the true meaning of fasting. So many of you may relate to what this is saying. I would actually encourage you to read the entire chapter:
Isaiah 58:6-11
"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter — when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.


Ok, so hopefully soon, I can get back to posting on a regular basis. I definately miss my journaling. I even missed a post about my hubby's birthday. I'll get to that soon. It was a great day! We took the kids out skiing and snowboarding for the first time ever. Let's just say, Dave was not doing so great when we left. Apparently snowboarding is harder than it looks! Duh! I have some cute pics and short videos to download.

We are actually going to be getting connected to the rest of the world tomorrow. Funny how out of touch I've felt with no TV, no internet, and no home phone. Well, of course we've had our cell phones, but it's still weird. Nice...but strange. I just got on my pc to do some work and it came up that there was a network available. I guess it's nice when people don't protect their internet connection. I think it's a good thing that I didn't know that prior to tonight because I needed to disconnect from EVERYTHING while I've been home.

Have a great week. I'm sure I won't be able to post again until after the 40,000 sandwich making is over. But then my kids are on Spring Break and I'm taking almost the whole week off! I can't wait!

Bless you all and have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Good luck with those sandwiches. What a blessing they will be to so many. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment