Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter 2009

I just love Easter time! For many reasons...spring is coming, coloring eggs, family, and remembering what Jesus did for us! WARNING: this post contains a TON of pictures! Can't help it!
Mackenzie coloring her egg. Her favorite color is blue!
Hailey & Mitchell

This is serious business!


It takes great concentration to get just the right egg!



I just love all the hard work they put into this.




Dave actually gets into this too!





Waiting and waiting for just the right color.






Me and Hailey at church



Easter is not about the church, it's about Jesus and what He did for us. But I must say that my breath was taken away at how beautiful our sanctuary was. My pictures don't do it justice, but I had to show it. Amazing!
Isn't this breath-taking? To the left of the screen is the empty tomb!


Our amazing worship band!



I was wondering if they get tired after singing for 4 services in a row?


I don't think so because they were amazing!



Mitchell, Hailey & Mackenzie



Too precious! I had to take advantage of all these flowers!


Missing from this picture is my beautiful Amanda!
Wish you were here with us.


After church we went to my aunt Betty's house.
Nice to have Amanda with us!
This picture contains 8 of the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen!

It was nice to have Josh join us too!

Ava (my cousin's daughter)...


and Hailey! Quite a pair they are!

My aunt Jeannette!



This is my dad's side of the family.
Too bad I couldn't get EVERYBODY in this picture!
We spend most major holidays with all my aunts, uncles, cousins and their children.
This is us getting ready to say "Grace" before dinner.
Which might I add was prime rib this year!!


Ava, Mitchell & Hailey.
I just love the expression on their faces!
They were not happy they had to STOP and pose
for this picture since other kids were already getting started
on the Easter egg hunt!



Hailey gathering eggs


Mitchell searching for the "golden egg"



Hailey trying to keep her eggs from falling out!


Mitchell



Round two! That's Mackenzie and Shelby on the left.
Those two hid all the eggs!


He is Risen!

Jesus is alive! That's what makes him so incredibly special. He came to earth to die for us, was raised from the dead and now HE LIVES! He lives in us. What an amazing gift. I can't imagine what my life would be like right now if not for Jesus! Thank you Lord!

Luke 24:1-7 1On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' " 8Then they remembered his words.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment