Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Friday, May 8, 2009

My Surprise 40th Birthday Party!

I truly have the most wonderful friends and family!
They surprised be with a party for my 40th birthday! The dreaded birthday!
I've been waiting to post this because I've been waiting to get the rest of the pictures from this day, but I thought I'd go ahead and post it without them. I didn't have my camera until late into the evening and so I don't have all the pics.
The day started out by getting my hair done as it was time for a change!
Then I was surprised with a makeover. My friend Susan took me to Nordstrom's to have our make up done and then for coffee. FUN!


Here's my aunt Jeannette, her daughter Emily and me.
Josh, me and Amanda!

Cindy



Amanda and Josh! Too cute!



Dan sharing a story about me. A laugh at my expense. :)




Friends!




My hubby and Ronald singing. Yikes!




Bonnie...a friend from work


Sheri and I


Me and my mommy!


Mom, me, Dad



My aunt Kathy and her boyfriend Ed.



Dave, his aunt Jan and Uncle Don, and me.
I was so touched to see them there.

Lordy Lordy look who's 40!



Kurt and Sheri.
We love to spend time with them and their children.
This summer we will go to a family camp with them again, for a whole week!


My mom and Clinton singing.



A great bunch of friends that are all near and dear to my heart.
Bud - a great guy with a big heart - a great realtor!



Me and my best friend, Cindy


My hubby gave me beautiful earrings and a $50 bill? Ok!


Scrapbooking stuff! I love it!



Keely had Bachman's send me a bouquet of flowers shaped like a birthday cake.




Cindy and Wendy


My sister Dede, my mom and I


Sisters!



Dave decided to grace me with a photo of himself!






Dede and Michelle singing to Pat Benetar



Wendy and Dan...they are hilarious!


Jerry and Laura...new friends!



Larry and Susan...who had the party for me!
They are family to me!

The real surprise in this party was the sight of some people that I never would've even guessed would be at my party. It was so touching that Dave's dad and his wife drove 2 1/2 hours to this party. And that some of the men from Midwest Challenge were there. And that Don and Jan came. And that my aunts and uncles were there. And that my cousin was there. And that new friends were there. And that Dave's co-workers were there. And that my co-workers were there. And that my daughter was there. And that my friends and family were there. It was just so overwhelming to walk in and see all those faces. I'm anxiously awaiting those pictures!
Friends are to be cherished and kept near to the heart.
I do cherish them. I'm so blessed to have people in my life that I can trust and count on. I'm so blessed to be able to share the ups and downs of life with wonderful friends and family. They encourage me, they lift me up. This was a hard birthday for me. But it was also one that was amazing because of those I have in my life. And although some of my friends and family couldn't make it, they sent me wonderful wishes and love! They are amazing! I'm blessed! Really blessed!
Thank you Lord for all you have given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment