Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Friday, August 7, 2009

Benefits, Bowling, Boats, Bugs, Buds, Bye & Buns!

What else have we been up to this spring? (This is from May 09)
A benefit for Katelyn Conrad.
An 8 year old little girl with Leukemia.
Dede and Michelle
The kids got a hold of their faces and some paint!


Dede and Jackie
Katelyn is Jackie's best friends daughter.
I went to grade school and part of junior high with Jackie. We were best friends for a while until she moved. Then I connected with her on facebook via my sister. Then we met for dinner one night and she mentioned something about trying to do a benefit but not having any experience. Well, that's how that went!



Hailey, after her turn bowling!


Dave usually hates bowling. But on this occassion when he was bowling with just the kids, he bowled the game of his life. Wait a minute...did they leave the bumpers up for him???

Mitchell


My mom and her new friend that she met while helping at the benefit.



Mitchell and Mackenzie after getting their hair done.

Katelyn drawing the winning ticket for a new TV.
She was camera shy and this is the only picture I got of her. :)


I was trying to get a picture of Hailey's hair. This is the look I got!


Mitchell

Mackenzie helping daddy get his fishing boat ready.
Sweet Mackenzie

This is my 2nd attempt at taking her picture. She wouldn't look at me.


FINALLY! Only when she wanted me to get a picture of this bug!



Mackenzie and her friend getting ready to say Good-Bye to their turtle.
Hailey is a little reluctant to let him go!
Bye, Bye Buddy!
Free at last!


Buds playing in the hot tub.


And then a cute set of buns filling up our pool.

My back is getting better, but I'm still in pain most of the time. I still have pain going down my hips and into my legs. Hopefully soon it will heal. I'm so thankful for all my friends (both old and new) who have been helping me through this process. They help bring meals, drive Hailey to school, bring Mackenzie to gymnastics, give me rides to therapy and the doctor and have been cleaning for us. I can't tell you what a blessing this is. Thank you Lord! Thank you friends!
1 Thessalonians 5:18 "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
School will soon be out and summer will be here. I'm looking forward to that. Lazy days snuggling in bed with my kiddos.
Truly thankful,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment