Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Praying for a Breakthrough! Will you help?

So much has been going on! May last post was about waiting for results for a biospy. Thank you for all those prayers. What's most on my mind right now is Breakthrough Ministries. Amazing things are happening and 10 people have been taken off the streets in just 10 months. These people now have a home, food and most of all LOVE! The thing is that there are so many more out there that need our help. What's holding that up? Money. You see it costs lots of money to provide housing and food. Nevermind the people that have been working volunteering for this organization without pay.  Some of them weeks and others months.  That's not the issue though. These individuals have a heart to serve. They really just want to help! This non-profit was started with zero money. God continues to provide in amazing ways.  And I'm so excited of this latest opportunity.

A group of individuals started a blog called Keeping it Personal. It's amazing what a few people can do! Last week they visited Breakthrough Ministries and interviewed some of the residents of one of the houses. After that they decided to not only feature this ministry but take a huge leap of faith. For the remainder of the month of May, they decided that any donations that come in for Breakthrough with Keeping it Personal noted, THEY WILL MATCH DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR! With NO limit!

Would you all help to make it possible for Breakthrough Ministries to bring more people home? Even if it's a $5 donation, that will double into $10. Every little bit makes a huge difference in the lives of others.  You can donate in a couple of ways. Click here to see. Whatever you do, make sure to note "Keeping it Personal" in your donation.  Read the story by Keeping it Personal here.

Won't you help? I have no fancy prize to offer. Just what God offers which is His blessings and the Kingdom. Not to mention the help you give to those who don't know God's love yet.

Matthew 25:34-40
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’


37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’


40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’




3 comments:

  1. I could not agree with Christine more- and the workers/volunteers sometimes go much longer than months without pay. However she is right, it's not about that- they have a heart to obey their Savior and help those in need as the bible clearly states.
    Please, open your heart- without it, Breakthrough cannot do the amazing work that God has called them to do, to the capacity it is meant to grow to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good ministry! I will look into it. :)

    Thanks for visiting Sugar Tails and following along. I look forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very important ministries. Clearly God's power is behind this.

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment