Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, November 15, 2010

My Testimony - Where Oh Where?

I guess this would "officially" be Part 6 of My Testimony. Maybe chapter 6 of a book? ha, ha! As luck would have it (I guess if I believed in luck), but actually as only God would have it, I received a comment from someone on Thursday evening. This person had read through my testimony. It was geniune, heart-felt, uplifting and so timely. Thank you to whomever wrote it. Because I don't want to forget it and the timing of it, I'm going to include it in this post.

Anonymous said...
I am amazed that I am the first person commenting here. I have spent the last several hours--crying, writing in my journal, praying, praising God in between, eating, etc.--reading your testimonies. I googled "God will provide" or something similar, and came upon your page.
At this very moment, I am standing on the LORD's promise to me that He will provide for ALL of my needs: I love him with all my heart, and I am doing what He has put me on this earth to do. Reading your story has filled my heart with such praise and awe for the mighty and loving GOD we serve--How good and faithful He is.


Christine, Christine, Christine, may the LORD continue to bless you indeed, and pour out His great favor upon you and your family--so much so that you are wonderfully overwhelmed by His gifts. I don't know where you are right now on your journey, but I believe, in Jesus' name that your testimonies of God's goodness to you shall never run dry. Amen.


I thank God for using your blog to bless me tonight, and I thank you for listening to the LORD's voice, and blessing others with your testimonies of His goodness and faithfulness. In Jesus' name...
November 11, 2010 8:02 PM

If you're wondering what she's talking about, here's My Testimony page.

Well, here's the thing about the timing of this comment. We are in the midst of another storm. We have been attacked from all sides over the past few weeks. Two of my friends are facing major battles as they both have cancer. We've been robbed twice, my husband has been accused of mean, untrue things, my dad is facing a major surgery, my husband needs surgery, and now we are going to have to move. We are trying to soar above the clouds, above the storm, but sometimes it's tough. When I read this comment it reminded me of how much we have to be thankful of. Because it was just that night, Thursday evening, probably just about the time the person was leaving this comment that I found out we were going to have to move. When Dave told me this, I was like REALLY? REALLY GOD?

Part of her comment really struck me. "I don't know where you are right now on your journey, but I believe, in Jesus' name that your testimonies of God's goodness to you shall never run dry. Amen." I really believe God was speaking through her. She said that God's goodness to me shall never run dry. Amen! I'm standing on that.



How quickly we can forget about all He has done for us. This comment left me in tears. God has never forsaken us. In fact, He has always had our BEST interest at heart. I know this.

So...where oh where do we go? We've been renting our house. The owners want to sell the house. We haven't talked about a price, but we're pretty sure that what they want is not what we're going to be able or even willing to pay. We'll find out soon I guess. The other thing is qualifying for a mortgage. Since Dave was without an income for so long, I will have to qualify on my own. Not sure how that's going to work. I'm totally fine with renting a place. It's just the thought of packing up and moving. The thought of looking for a place. The thought of changing schools. I really do not want our kids to have to change schools. That's the worst thought of this whole thing actually. Our kids have been through enough and I just do not want to have to think about that.

The next thing I don't want to think about is going through showings. Needing to leave at a moments notice. We have a busy household and this will be stressful. Well, I feel like I'm whining now, so I'll stop. I am indeed thankful that at this moment we have a home. There are many who don't. Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself, I just remember what I have. I remember the very people we are helping right now and that they are living outside, in the snow, in a tent if they're lucky. It breaks my heart.

Back to God. God has a plan for us. We will be obedient. We will now listen once again for His voice. Some scriptures that have been and continue to be part of our testimony.

Matthew 6:32-33 “Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.



Luke 12:15 – Beware! Don’t be greedy for what you don’t have. Real life is not measured by how much we own.

Philippians 4:12 – I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.


Ecclesiastes 7:14 – When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other.



I will continue to stand on God's Word. He indeed is our rock! He knows the plans He has for us and they are plans to prosper us not to bring harm. Jer 29:11

Thank you God for where we're at. Show us what you want for us. Where you go we will follow! We love you LORD!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this post..... I must play catch up on here!
    So correct in saying God has plans for us.... He is our rock!

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment