Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Keep Thanking God

Just as I'm about to shut down my computer for the night (on Sunday night), I get my daily devotion emailed to me. What does it say? Keep Thanking God. Really, because I don't feel like thanking God right at this moment. Quite frankly, I'd rather be angry. Well, for the moment anyways. ;) I actually hate feeling angry, because that's not the true emotion. The true feeling is one of hurt. It's one of frustration. A deep hurt actually.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

The devotion reminds us that there is an enemy who is trying to steal my faith and my joy and my peace. And that I am to remain faithful for what God is doing during this time. And so, I will. I will thank the Lord for everything that is happening right now. Because as others have reminded me, that if he is for me than who shall be against me. And the Lord is indeed for me.

Isaiah 54:16-17 No weapon that is formed against you will prosper;
And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.

I know that God will turn and make things good for His glory. That is what I seek. I will remain stead fast and in His Word. The truth.

So Lord, not only do I thank you but I pray for blessings for those who are hurting. I ask that you would touch their hearts and that they may see your face. Lord, I pray that the hearts of many would be touched by you. I pray for protection of them. Lord, I will wait on you.

1 comment:

Please Leave a Comment