Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A place to call home...

Some days my heart cries out. I truly desire for God's will to be done. I desire for us to live a Christ-Centered life. We chose this journey we're on. It was out of obedience. We asked for God to break our hearts for what breaks His. And guess what, He did. If you don't know our testimony, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Basically, we chose to stop living for money and start living for the Lord. It's been quite the journey.

I have learned to be content with what I have. Well, for the most part. I'm still a work in progress. There are times when "my flesh" cries out. Times when I long to have a house of our own. Where we can stay put. No more packing and moving. And really, I don't care where we live. Well, except that I don't want my kids to have to switch schools. So...it needs to be in this area. I don't care about the size of our house. But there is my flesh that gets in the way from time to time. If I'm completely honest, of course I want a clean house and one that's not falling apart. But who am I to say where we should live. I just want to be thankful for a home, no matter what the size or what it looks like. So, I'm a work in progress. When I feel myself desiring something, I have to give it over to God. I have to trust Him.

I continue to go back to these scriptures:

Matthew 6:32-33 “Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.


Luke 12:15 – Beware! Don’t be greedy for what you don’t have. Real life is not measured by how much we own.


A scripture I really lean on:
Philippians 4:4-14 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.


6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.


Paul’s Thanks for Their Gifts
10 How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. 11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. 14 Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty.
 
As our searching continues, I know that God already has our home picked out. He knows where we will lay our heads in just 6 weeks. He will provide us with the perfect place to call home. After all, home is where your heart is. Home, here on earth, is just temporary. Our permanent home is with Jesus for eternity. For now, I trust the Lord to lead us to our home for now. I just want it to be a place where we can continue to welcome others into our home. A place we can call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment