Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Friday, May 20, 2011

Life sometimes gets in the way

Once again life has gotten in the way of my blogging! Jeez...I don't know how that happens. Or do I? I guess I do. I've been busy. Busy with my family, working, Potter's Wheel, and exercising!

I'm about 6 weeks into the 60 day challenge. It's going great! I've lost about 18 pounds and have gone down a whole pant size. Not that I'm complaining but I don't want to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe yet, so my clothing choices are getting slim pickins. One evening I was getting ready to go on a date with my hubby. I put on a pair of pants that were a little big. I asked my hubby "How do these look?" He looked like a deer in the headlights! His response was "uhhh...ummmm...well what do you mean?" I said "do you think they look too saggy?" To his DELIGHT he said "YES! They are frumpy looking. They're too big for you!" We both started laughing. He was confused at the question. He's apparently learned that telling your wife her pants don't look good is NOT a good thing. This time was just the opposite. It was funny. :)

Many people have asked what I'm doing. I'm not on a diet. I am making life long changes. With regards to the 60 day challenge. I am using Arbonne products and exercising 3 - 4 times per week. There are about 8 of us doing this challenge. The "biggest loser" wins a 30 Day Fit Kit. We encourage each other and hold each other accountable. I love it! The best thing I ever did. Within the challenge, the idea is to cut out unhealthy things out of your eating habits. I've cut my gluten intake in half, I rarely drink pop (when I do it doesn't taste very good), I drink maybe one cup of coffee a week, and I'm just eating healthier in general. I have never been a breakfast eater, but now I start each day with a protein shake. I actually look forward to it. It's quick and easy! It really makes a difference to my work outs too. I've replaced pop with fizzy drinks and coffee with detox tea.

For exercise: I do have a personal trainer that I haven't been seeing regularly but he gets me motivated when I do. I'll be stepping that up over the next few weeks. I do weights followed by cardio workouts. Two times a week I participate in classes at Lifetime Fitness. I never thought I'd be a class person but I absolutely love the variation. Lots of fun and sweat! I've had to get rid of excuses! I do not let anything get in the way of my workouts. If something comes up in the morning, I go during my lunch hour or in the evening. When I do have to miss a day, I really get bummed out. So, my advice to you if you're trying to incorporate exercise in your life...Stop using excuses! I work full time, I have four children, a husband, and I'm taking a 2 year Leadership program that's takes an average of 10 - 20 hours per week of my time. Being busy is not an excuse. If I can find time, you can too! :)

Now that my 60 day challenge is coming to an end, I decided that I wanted to continue using the products, exercising, and trying to lose more weight. So...what else is a woman to do but become an Arbonne Consultant. Now...obviously (if you read what my life consists of) I don't have time to work this as a business. Truth be told, I'm doing it for the continued discount. :) And I hope to earn the cost of my products. I talked to my husband and he agreed that if I was going to continue it would be a good way to have my products paid for. As I was talking to another friend who did the same thing, we decided we wanted to start a new 30 day challenge. I love the incentive and am so excited to share about what I've been doing to make life changes. As I finish up this post as well as my chocolate banana protein shake this morning, I want to encourage you.

Wherever you are in your life, it's never too late to make changes. Whether it's to get healthy, get fit, lose weight, stop a bad habit, incorporate good habits, it's about making a decision and sticking to it. How do you stick to it? Lot's of prayer first of all! There are many a times when I'm exercising and I think I could just about die. I've had enough, I want to quit. But I just say "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!" I say it over and over! The second thing I believe is vital is to get a group of friends (or strangers who will become your friends) around you for encouragement and accountability.

Oh and if you're counting...yes, I'm still a Tastefully Simple consultant (although I don't do parties anymore - just reorders and fundraisers), a Melaleuca Customer, and now an Arbonne Consultant! ha, ha! I love simple, I love green cleaning products, and I love vegan gluten free products! No...this isn't a commercial...just a joke!

I know that many of you are not even local, but if you've seen my 30 day challenge event on Facebook, I hope you will consider joining us. Even if you just want to join for the accountability and not even the products, I believe it's that important. I have long felt bad about my self and my body image since gaining weight after 4 kids and a bad viral infection that essentially ate away at my muscle tissue. It was after the viral infection that kept me hospitalized for a week that I gained the most weight and was just not able to lose it. Now...I'm on my way and would love to encourage you as well!

Well, it's time for me to hit publish and head off to the gym! At the end of this challenge I'll post my before and after pictures. And then I'll do the same for the 30 day challenge.

To those who have been on this journey with me - Thanks for all of your encouragement along the way. I couldn't do it without you! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment