Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Until it comes again

You know summer is coming to an end when you can turn your a/c off, you have windows open and actually look for the blanket in the middle of the night, when the bees are out in full force, and of course when the kids are back to school.

No...I don't have the photos uploaded from their first day of school. Which by the way...took some extra coaxing from my freshman. I practically had to chase her down as she scurried out of the house 10 minutes earlier than she needed without so much as a good-bye! Geez! I did get the picture with a "mom...hurry up!". Teenagers! :)

Although I'm sad to see summer coming to an end, I am looking forward to a few things about fall. Things such as a new routine, honey crisp apples (YUM!), bon fires, beautiful leaves, and cool nights. Notice how I didn't say cold. Warm days with cool nights.

Saying good-bye to summer means saying hello to fall. Just like we've said good-bye to middle school and hello to high school. I can't believe that! Although I know that she's excited about high school, so I'm trying to be excited for her. Nah...I really am excited...most of the time. ;) A new adventure for her, my second born.

So far so good with the kids and their teachers. My bean said that she has the nicest best teacher ever! That makes me smile. My son...well...the verdict is out. About what I got out of him was...boring. I'm pretty sure he'd rather be up at the cabin doing stuff like catching frogs, fishing, and having bon fires. Well...maybe we can still do the latter of them all. I do love fall. Right after summer and spring, but before winter.

I don't think it's good to stay stagnant anyways. Change is good. So...for now I say until next year summer! I enjoyed you while you were here, even if it was only for what seemed to feel like a few hours! I'm excited to see what this fall will bring. I pray that you have something to look forward to as well.

Ecclesiastes 3:1
For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment