Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Thursday, February 23, 2012

Answered prayers from a boy

If you read my post from the other day, you'll know that our world was shaken up a bit by sudden news that the owner of our home was putting it on the market next week. The news was sudden since we had just signed a new one year least last month. We spent the first two days trying to figure out what to do. That second night we couldn't "hide" it anymore as the kids knew something was going on and then us looking at houses online really was a give away. So, we told our kids that we would be moving. The youngest two took it the hardest. They were devastated, as we knew they would be.

That night as Dave lay in bed next to our son as he sobbed, my heart broke into a million pieces. We have always trusted God to direct our paths. This didn't feel that way. There was no peace. It was one of the first times I felt so lost. As I bent over to kiss my son and comfort him, we talked about how God has plans for us and that they are good.

Today Dave and I were 95% sure that we would be moving either by the end of this month and if not, by the end of next month. As we sat in our van, tears flowing, Dave prayed for God to show us what we were to do.  When I got back to work, I was stunned to find another offer for us to stay in our house for another year. It wasn't an offer much different from the one we received the night before but it felt right. This evening as we told our children that we were now 95% sure we are staying, there was joy! Then our son said "Thank you God for hearing my prayers. I asked Him to let us stay here and He answered my prayer!" If everything that happened this week happened just for that...it was worth it! My son got to experience the joy of asking God to hear his prayer and God answered. We talked about how God always hears our prayers. He doesn't always answer them in the ways that we want but he does answer them.

I'm so thankful! God is so good! I have peace in my heart again and my soul is at rest now.

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment