Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, February 20, 2012

Heading into a storm

Indeed we are...heading into a new storm. There's no turning back...no going around the storm...only going through it. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11. We're trusting and believing in that verse. 


About 45 days ago, we signed a year lease at our current home. It gave us great peace to know that we had at least another year where we're at. Well, apparently things have changed and we were told today that the owner wants to put the house on the market on March 1. Yep...10 days! How that can happen...I don't know. 


Another chapter in our story. Another chapter in His story. We say "where You go we will follow". We mean it. Our testimony is one of our faith; our trust. But it is a TESTimony. There is no testimony without a test. What this test is...I don't know. I feel like I showed up in class on the first day and was given a pop quiz. No, this isn't our first day of "this school" but it was completely unexpected. I feel blindsided. I have every range of emotion, although I do not have anger. I'd like to say that I have complete peace, but that's not the case today. I'm tired. I have no energy to give this much thought much less get a house ready to be put on the market, look for another place to live, and pack. 


The truth is...I'm comfortable where I am. We've found a groove. Our kids like it here and we're comfortable. I guess the Lord has something else in mind for us. We knew that comfort was not really a part of this journey. What I mean is that comfort is not the purpose of our journey. 


Do you know what the funny thing is? I just want to sell all of our "stuff"! I'm sooo tired of packing and unpacking. I'm looking around this room right now and I'm thinking...what do I absolutely NEED to keep! Seriously! I wrote a post a few weeks ago about treasures. It was about what it means to hold on too tightly to earthly treasures. I'm learning more and more about that. Maybe that's the lesson in all of this. At the end of the day, I need to release my stuff. It just creates work and stress in our lives. As I write this, I'm even starting to feel free. Free of stuff! 


As we head into this storm, I know that there are better things on the other side of this. Better things for my family and brighter days ahead. Psalm 9:10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.


Thank you Lord that you never leave me and that you are here.

1 comment:

  1. My heart melts when I read messages from your heart! Thank you for pouring it out on this blog. How proud He is of you for your transformation and He is not alone. I am proud of you that you have been so willing to let Him do the work He desires to do in you. 5 times we will have moved in six years. That is just crazy to think about. Maybe God is telling us to sell everything and give the money to the poor. Father - If that is your desire, then may Your will be done! I love you sweetheart - your heart is so beautiful and so are you. We will get through this storm. I love you. David.

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment