Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Sunday, May 20, 2012

I want to live like THAT!


A friend of ours posted this song on Dave's FB wall a few months ago and said that it made her think of him. I had never heard the song before but I as I listened to it I thought they could've written it for him. I'm so proud of my husband who loves those who most people don't even give a second look much less a thought. In fact, they are invisible to most people. I'm proud of my husband who loves those who have burned almost every bridge they've ever crossed. He loves them anyways. He really loves them. When others have persecuted him (as the Word says will happen) he works even harder and loves them even more. He lives his life recklessly abandoned for Jesus. He's not afraid to pray for healing, to trust an ex-con, to proclaim the gospel, to love the "unlovable", or to share his love for Jesus. He literally walks the sidewalks and the river banks looking for people who need love. If you only knew my husband years ago, you would know that this is only because of God. 


God got a hold of one man's heart which has spread to many others. The way that the staff and volunteers of Breakthrough love others is amazing. They are just ordinary people who have said "yes" to God's call. They are local missionaries living their lives for God.


The song I'm talking about is posted below. Not only does the song fit but the video does too.





I want to live like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment