Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Breakthrough Wedding!

Weddings...Dave has been a part of a few weddings in various roles. Of course, he was "my handsome groom" in our wedding. ;) He was in other weddings as a ring bearer, best man or groomsman. But this wedding was different. This wedding he officiated. Since he's not legally a pastor he couldn't sign the marriage certificate but that didn't matter to the couple he was marrying.

As I sit here writing this post...I actually have written and re-written and even changed the title of my post a couple of times. For some reason I just can't get into words what I'm feeling about this event. You see...I am proud of my husband. I'm proud of the man he is. I'm amazed by what God continues to do in and through his life. I'm amazed that despite our current circumstances, he has a peace and calm about him that's indescribable. But there's more to this than just being proud of my husband.

I'm in awe of all of the staff and volunteers at Breakthrough. They're not even just volunteers, they are truly partners in this ministry. You would have a difficult time distinguishing between staff and volunteers. They are all what make this ministry so special. Breakthrough Ministries is unique. They don't just serve meals, hand out clothes, help people get jobs, help get people into housing, help people move or provide them with furniture. No...they become a part of their lives. They disciple them, pick them up for Bible Study, bring them to retreats, visit them in the hospital, include them in activities with their families, and so much more! They call them friends.

Back to the wedding. The couple that Dave married met at the Dorothy Day Center when they were both homeless. Breakthrough has been ministering to and loving on this couple for quite some time. They've walked with them through some difficult times. One being the loss of their unborn child. It was a heart wrenching time for this couple. How wonderful to now be able to celebrate the unity of this couple. They were once homeless and now they not only have a home but they have each other. Right downtown St. Paul, outside the Dorothy Day Center, this lovely couple begins a new chapter in their lives.



I have to giggle a little when I think about my hubby. Oh...to have thought we would end up where we are. When I look back 15 years or even 5 years ago, if someone had told me that Dave would be conducting a wedding I would've thought they were crazy. When I think back and reflect on the past few years of our journey...I'm amazed. Every bump, every celebration, every tear, every laugh...they are all a part of the Lord's plan for our lives. I'm inspired by my husband or as his friends down at DDC call him, "Pastor Dave".

Thank you Lord for the lives you have entrusted my husband and Breakthrough with. Thank you for the many opportunities you give each one of us every day to love others. Help me to not miss out on those opportunities but to embrace them every chance I get. Lord, as we have said for the past 3 years, continue to break our hearts for what breaks Your heart! May we continue to trust in You and continue to seek Your will for our lives.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment