Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, June 25, 2012

The next turn on the roller coaster

Over the past few months our life has been a bit of a roller coaster. In February we were just living our busy lives. The next thing we know we're told we're going to have to move. Then we were told we didn't have to move. Then we were told we would have to move after all. We worked out a deal with the owner of the house and were told we would have 3-5 months notice once there was an offer on the property. Then on May 31 we're told we need to be out by June 30. A roller coaster it has been to say the least.

While I did speak with an attorney months ago and the fact of the matter is that we actually could have held the owner to the original lease presented last December. When an owner presents a lease to a tenant, that is binding once we sign it. We were then presented with a second lease in March and again, we could've held the owner to it, but truthfully it's just not worth it. We prayed about this and really felt like no matter what, God has this. We actually feel like we're being protected. This house has issues and one being mold that we uncovered. Well, when we had our son tested for allergies because he's had a chronic cough for months, we found out that he is allergic to mold. He was also diagnosed with chronic asthma. We found this out the last week of May...at almost the exact time of his test results coming back. I don't think that is a coincidence at all!

Now, did I want to try to find a place to live, pack, and move in 30 days? NO! I wondered how we would do that. And as I'm sitting here writing and I think about what has happened even since getting the email that we needed to be out by the end of the month...I can't even believe we're going to be able to do this. But we are. We will continue to trust God and continue on our journey. The enemy does not want us to succeed in what we do. His tactics are evil and relentless. We don't care. We still press on for the glory of our Lord.

While I want off of this roller coaster...I trust the Lord. His ways are perfect.

I'll explain what has happened over the past 2 weeks in another post!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment