Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Sunday, June 24, 2012

God is my helper

This post was written on March 17. It's funny to read this now and being posting it when so much has happened since I wrote this. But...post I must. :)

All I can say is that God has really been speaking to me through devotions lately. Today the devotion is "God is my helper". HEBREWS 13:6 NRSV 6 So we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?"

Well...if you read my earlier post you might know that we have to move. Not only do we have to move but we have to get the house ready to show. This is no easy task when you are an active family like we are, working full time, and doing Potter's Wheel (about a 20 hour/week time commitment)!

Today the devotion is that God is my helper. The devotion talked about how me must cooperate with the Lord. How we must trust and have faith. Well...that's obviously a big deal right now as we walk in faith that God's plan is much bigger than ours. Yesterdays devotion really spoke to me and even had me in tears. I surrendered to Him yesterday about our new circumstances.

Two big "stressers" for me this weekend are Potter's Wheel and getting Hailey's fundraiser done. Actually, make that four "stressers" because I also have to get a clown costume ready for her AND get our house ready for the realtor to come on Monday. So...I spent Friday reflecting and praying and trusting God while I cleaned and organized some things ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT! It was actually theraputic. This morning our Potter's Wheel group came over. I was stressing about the fact that I haven't finished my development plan which was due on the 15th and over the fact that it means that I haven't started on my two new development plans and my internship which all need to be completed by September so that I can graduate on time.

Well...my morning started out by my friend Kris bringing me all the clown stuff I will need! And then this same friend placed a huge fundraising order which left me with only an additional $15 to sell in order to meet Hailey's minimum requirement. I was thinking we were going to be walking door-to-door for half of the day and just like that...we're almost done! Thank you Kris and thank you GOD! So...that's 2 out of 4 stressers...GONE...in 10 minutes.

It gets even better. We were then informed that we only have to do one development plan in addition to our internship! WOW! That takes about 100 hours off my plate for the next six months. I could NOT believe it! 3 out of 4 things taken care of in a matter of minutes.

Once again God showed me that He is my helper. Bring my concerns to Him and do not worry. I know this but when you're in the midst of a storm sometimes it's hard to do what you know you're supposed to do. Thank you Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment