Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Sunday, July 22, 2012

Discipline

For the last segment of Potter's Wheel I chose to study Discipline. More specifically Self-Discipline. As I've been studying different things over these past 2 years, it has become clear to me that what I lack at times is discipline. While I'm not completely without it...there are times when I do.

I was listening to some cassette tapes (YES...I said tapes!) on discipline and the speaker was talking about how sometimes discipline is what is needed for a Breakthrough. How funny that just this morning I was thinking the exact same thing.

The one area that I lack the most discipline in is in regards to exercise. I was doing so great last year and then stuff got in the way. I allowed stuff to get in the way. What I had found was that when I made time for work outs, I felt better, and I had more energy and more time to get other stuff done. Now I find myself exhausted. Yes, I have reason to be exhausted after the last 6 weeks we've had. But in general I've just been really tired and sluggish. On top of that, I've gotten back into my old habit of not eating well. I've quite eating breakfast and find myself not eating my first meal until late afternoon. BAD!

Another area for me is to start my day early and in the Word. I love to sleep in. I am a night owl and tend to stay up late and then sleep in as late as I can. If I need to be up for a reason I will. Otherwise, I tend to sleep until 7:45 - 8:00 a.m. I know that if I would get up at 6:30 a.m. before the kids hit the floor running, I would get a good start on my day. Rather than wait for fall when the kids are back to school, why not get back in the habit now.

Over the past week I have been getting back on track. I went back to the club and have started eating better again. It is most definitely going to take some serious discipline to get back on track. Is there something you are lacking discipline in? Would you like to join me in committing to be disciplined? It doesn't matter what area of your life it is...might it be time to commit? If I get enough interest I will start a group on Facebook. Otherwise, we can just email each other. Let me know.


1 Corinthians 9:24-27 24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment