Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Things are looking up


We are settling in. We still have a lot of unpacking to do but we are plugging away. I guess I am giving myself permission to live life and do other things and let the unpacking wait. After all, it's just stuff...right?

The good thing is that the kids are all doing pretty good.

Amanda recently got promoted to assistant manager...I'm so proud of her! Congrats honey! We don't get to see her nearly as much as we'd like.

Mackenzie has made the most miraculous recovery from mono. It's hard to make her understand that she needs to rest! She is trying to make up for the lost summer! We have gone from trying hard to wake her up to drink a sip of water...to trying hard to get her to lay down for some rest for just a few minutes! It feels like a great problem to have considering where we were a few weeks ago! I will say that this week she started to come down with really red eyes. The strange thing is that we've been dealing with this with Mitchell for a while. They think it's allergies. She is also complaining that she can hardly see in one of her eyes. I will make a doctor appointment for that tomorrow just to check things out. We are also using allergy eye drops.

Mitchell continues to do well, aside from his red eyes. We tried one over-the-counter allergy eye drop and are now on a prescription that apparently is not covered by insurance. I will have to get started on an appeal for that I guess...in my spare time. ;) His baseball team won the play offs this weekend and went on to beat the top Eastview team tonight in their "World Series" Championship Game. It was a great game and I've enjoyed watching him play this year. He has such a great attitude and is a team player. In addition to that, he has made a some new friends in our new neighborhood. That just makes me happy!

Hailey is doing great post-surgery! She is one that is tough to keep down! She's not supposed to do anything that could possibly result in getting her nose bumped for 2 weeks. Right! You would never know that she just had surgery 10 days ago. We follow up with the doctor in the morning. Hailey's fastpitch team took 4th place in state last weekend. She was so bummed that she couldn't play but is looking forward to playing fall ball. I love it!

I made a parental decision and decided that our family was in need of some fun. We decided to go to Valley Fair last Friday. Since we all have season passes but have yet to go even once this year...it was time! I think it's been a LONG time since I've been there. Every ride seems to be scary to me! There was one ride in particular...it's called the Extreme Swing. I thought I was going to D.I.E.!!! Scariest ride ever! Hailey and Mitchell had a blast going on the Wave about 15 times. They are in the front on the right.


Despite everything we've been through this past few weeks, we are doing well. We have been blessed by amazing friends and family. Just the other day someone emailed me to ask if she could bring us dinner. I wanted to say "no, we're fine now". But the truth was that I was just telling Dave how exhausted I am. Even though I've been able to take a lot of time off from work lately, none of it has been to rest. And so...with a little insight from my hubby, I accepted her offer. I even came clean and told her how I was all set to tell her no. She said, even if you're fine now and you really don't need the meal, please let me have this opportunity to teach my children what it means to serve and how we do it. What a humbling reminder that not everything is about me. :) What a blessing it was for our entire family! We haven't had a home cooked meal like that in a long time. When I walked in the door (it was really late and everyone had already eaten) the first thing Hailey said to me was, "Mom...oh my gosh...you have to try that yummy dessert your friend made! It's SOOO good!" And indeed it was! 

Things are definitely looking up for us! Or maybe it's just me...looking up more!

"The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him." Nahum 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment