Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Hair Brush

Yesterday I was at a training to prepare us for our mission trip. Did you miss the news that I am going to India? I still can't believe it. :) In the training we learn about the different types of cultures and how to adjust to things going over there as well as coming home, among other things. We also learned that we need to have our hearts open to God. We watched this video. I've actually heard Beth Moore talk about this a couple of times. Nevertheless, I still cry every time I watch this. Check it out...it's a good one.



After watching this video again, I chuckled because it reminds me of how I used to say "I will never go on a mission trip". I would have conversations with God about it. "Lord, you know how much I hate to fly and I am a really picky eater and I don't like bugs and well Lord, you made me and you understand me...so I just know that you would never ask me to go on a mission trip." I actually told Dave over and over again that I would never go to India. It's been one of Dave's dreams to go to India. And he said "I won't go until you go with me honey." And then I would say "honey, you just need to go by yourself or you'll never get the chance to go."

Well, I know Dave was asking God to change my heart and boy did he ever. Like Beth, when she's sitting in that airport looking at that man, God began to compel my heart. At times it has overwhelmed me. And like she said "it's scary!". When I became overwhelmed, I started saying "Lord, please no...I can not go to India!" It was a conversation over 2+ years. Finally, my heart is so overwhelmed that not only am I going to India, but I'm going without Dave. Never did I imagine going to India without him. Oh how I wish he was going with me, but for whatever reason...it's not his time to go.

My heart has been compelled and overwhelmed and so I go. If you feel compelled to pray for me, I would love that. You can comment on my blog, on Facebook, or email me if you would like to be added to my prayer partners. You will then get email updates prior to and while we are on our trip with specific prayer requests and updates.

If you feel compelled to be a part of sending me, in a financial way, you can mail a check or donate online. If you donate online, please select "Apply this payment to: MISSION TRIP PAYMENT or DONATION". Below that indicate: INDIA TRIP: Christine Engman. **If you donate online, please let me know (I do not get notified of online donations - until they post them which would be after my trip). I have about 2/3 of the funds raised for this trip so I still have to raise about $1000. Thanks so much for everyone for your prayers and support.

Ecclesiastes 4:1 Again, I observed all the oppression that takes place under the sun. I saw the tears of the oppressed, with no one to comfort them. The oppressors have great power, and their victims are helpless.

And so I will go....to comfort...in whatever way the Lord asks of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment