Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

This is the song that never ends...

...it goes on and on my friends. :) I keep singing that to myself...with a smile on my face. Because no matter what, God is good!

As we continue on our journey we continue to run into stumbling blocks, but as it says in the subtitle of my blog, I want to turn those stumbling blocks into stepping stones.

What's going on in our world this week? Well, I can't even mention everything because I want to respect the privacy of others who don't want their lives put out there for the world to see. I understand and respect that.  If you could just pray for health and healing for all that should cover everyone! :)

As I type this, I hear footsteps above my head. We have someone on our roof fixing the chimney which was struck by lightening. We thought it struck the tree - which it did - but it also struck the chimney. The tree hangs right over the house/chimney so it must have hit both. I blogged about this a while back. This makes me all the more thankful that we didn't have a fire. Although there was damage to some stuff and an electrical issue was found...we are all ok.

The last time I blogged about Mackenzie was right after we told her what all the testing was about. I actually wrote that entry and then didn't publish it for a couple of days. Between the day I "wrote" the post and the day it was actually published, the lymph node on Mackenzie's neck swelled up. We brought her in and the doctor treated her with antibiotics thinking it was the result of a bacterial infection. Well, it's still there. There is also another tiny lymph node on her upper shoulder/lower neck on the other side. She has also had some other symptoms such as not feeling well off and on, having some night sweats, etc. The doctor ordered blood work and a chest x-ray. Those tests were all normal. It still leaves us wondering what is going on with her lymph nodes. We have two options. 1 - wait another month, watch for any other symptoms and see if the lymph node goes down. 2 - schedule an appointment with a surgeon to have the lymph node biopsied.

Dave and I had different thoughts and feelings about our next steps. Someone suggested we should ask Mackenzie what she wanted to do. Duh! So, we asked her. She wants to know what is wrong and I suppose there is some fear. I understand that. So, we have decided to schedule the appointment with a surgeon to get his opinion. We could then get some other questions answered at that time regarding the actual procedure should we decide to have it done. In the mean time, would you join us in praying for complete healing for Mackenzie? We pray for wisdom from the Lord to show us what we should do.


Proverbs 3:5-8 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.

Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom.
    Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
Then you will have healing for your body
    and strength for your bones. 

Thanks friends and family for lifting us in prayer. I realize that many of you have been putting in overtime praying for us and I can't tell you how much it means to each of us. We covet your prayers!

With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment