Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Choosing joy!

One thing I noticed about the people of India. They have such a joy about them. Despite their circumstances they have inexpressible joy! I came upon a devotion with some scriptures that fit what I'm saying here.

1 PETER 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,

Some of these women struggle to meet their daily needs. As I mentioned in an earlier post, many of them make less than $10 per month in income. I can't even imagine that, can you?

ROMANS 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

That is how I saw these women and children living out their faith.With joy!



Friends...no matter what your circumstances are...God is good. He loves you. Draw nearer to Him. It is not a matter of "if" we will have trials and tribulations but rather "when" we do and "how" we will react. I know that I have spent many times whining or complaining about my circumstances and I can say that not once did that ever help me out of them. I have come to rely on Philippians 4:4-9
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.



Although I can't yet fully put into words what this trip means for my life here going forward, I can say that I have joy. Those women taught me so much about joy. Just looking at this picture reminds of the beauty and joy of this trip! I can't wait to go back!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment