Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Saturday, October 13, 2012

Finished

It's been a long two years which consisted of the following:
4 Development Plans
10 Focus Areas
3 Weekend Retreats
6 Workshops
16 Large Group Meetings
24 Mentor Meetings
About 20 Small Group Meetings
Teaching various Bible Studies and training sessions
1 Church Field Trip
1 Mission Trip to India
over 100 hours of ministry
Writing 23 papers
Attending 7 Trainings/Conferences/Classes
Reading 14 Books
Watching/Listening to 11 DVD's/CD's
Journaling 100's of pages of experiences
Interviewing a great woman
Developing a Mentor Program with an amazing group of volunteers
Being Evaluated and collecting anonymous assessments about myself
Studying Bible Tutor and taking several tests
1 Internship with Breakthrough Ministries
...and that's just what was put on paper.

That doesn't even begin to explain the character development that happened.

And those were just my development plans...my husband did his too.
Together we traveled that road.

That doesn't include LIFE!
Yes...LIFE happened too.

Being a wife
Being a mom to 4 kids
Working full time
Full-time chauffeur
Being at baseball, softball, basketball, cheer competitions (too many to count)

Between Dave, myself, and our kids - 5 surgeries
Very scary illnesses with our kids
2 Basement floods
2 Moves
Some extremely serious health issues with our parents, including walking with my mother-in-law through breast cancer.

Oh...and how could I forget...our house being struck by lightning!

And then there are all the fun times...too many to count...thankfully!

A midst all the chaos, God did amazing things in and through me.
He stretched me. 
He challenged me.
He changed me.
He refined me (and still is).
He comforted me.
He blessed me.
He gave me peace.
He continues to love me.

Just reflecting back...I am amazed. I can't believe all that has happened. Truthfully, the past two years have been among the hardest we've faced. Yet I wouldn't take it back. During the toughest times we came out closer and stronger. My faith is stronger, my love for my husband is deeper, and my love for my family is more precious than ever. I have the most amazing friends. I love the Lord more and more.

I am just blessed.

While Potter's Wheel is finished...the Potter is not finished with me.

Isaiah 64:8 And yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand.

Thank you Lord for the privilege of serving YOU!

A special thank you to my husband for supporting me and loving me despite all my imperfections. Thank you to our children for your patience and understanding as I know how much time this took away from you. Thank you to our family for supporting and loving us. Thank you to our Potter's Wheel Mentors and Small Group for walking through life with us for the past two years. For sharing laughter and tears with us. For loving us and praying for us. Thank you to Pastors Susan and Larry Fannon for everything you put in to this program and for your Spiritual Guidance and unconditional love! Thank you to my co-workers - you are amazing! Thank you to everyone at Breakthrough...for your amazing dedication and support this this ministry. Thank you to all of our friends for your prayers, support, and encouragement. We could not have done this without you! Thank you God for blessing us with the most amazing family and friends, a job that I love and a church that is our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment