Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Time for Celebration

A special thank you for everyone who helped us celebrate our big day! And for those who were with us in our hearts! In case you missed my earlier post, Dave and I graduated from Potter's Wheel. It's an intense 2 year leadership development program. Over the two years, we put in an average of 20 hours per week of studying, classroom time, group time, and practical ministry time. It has in many ways been both the most difficult two years and yet the most wonderful two years of our marriage.

I am thankful to everyone who put their time and effort and prayer into this program. I am grateful for our Mentors who spent many hours volunteering their time for us. We are blessed to have them in our lives. Thank you Gregg and Deb! 

I also know that this took a great deal of time away from our family and I am looking forward to having some white space in our calendar to just be with our family. I know that it would be easy to fill that space up with "stuff" but I am going to make it a priority to NOT do that! I know some of you are thinking "right" Christine...I know you. But do you know the "new" me! ha, ha! I guess I'll just have to show you. And so don't be surprised (or offended) when you hear the word "no" come out of my mouth! :) 

Thought I'd share this with some of you who couldn't make it. This is our Potter's Wheel Graduation during the 11:00 service. The Potter's Wheel part comes at about the 5 minute mark and ends a little after the 11 minute mark.



Some pics of the day:
Our Potter's Wheel Small Group
(Kris is missing here)

Our close friends
...our lives have paralleled in many ways
I'm thankful that the Lord brought our
families together!


During the service...
Pastor Susan says a few words... 



There was a reception at church for the graduates.
Beautiful cake...yummy too!

Me and my handsome hubby!


Pastors Susan & Larry are amazing followers of Christ.
They have been our Spiritual Parents and we would not
be where we are today without them. We love them!

They will be missed as they start a new chapter
in their lives...living on the road in their RV next spring.


Thanks God for the amazing people in our lives and that you never leave us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment