Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Senseless

The past few days have been difficult ones. Obviously. As a parent how can you not think about the tragedy of the school shooting. 6 adults and 20 precious first grade children. How a person could do that is beyond my imagination. I simply can't fathom that. It is the face of evil. The darkest evil. It is satan walking this earth. It is the fact that we continue to remove God from our lives. It is the fact that many people lack even the basic of morals. Somehow things that would never have been allowed years ago, are now acceptable to many. We are becoming desensitized to evil. It's starting with our children. They see it on TV and in games. 

We, as a nation, are turning our backs on God. We are no longer allowing Him to be in schools or in businesses. We blame others and point fingers. These senseless acts are becoming more frequent and more atrocious. My heart just aches.

I don't have any answers. I don't know what to do. 

Other. Than. Pray.

Other. Than. Love.

Love God, my family, my friends, my neighbors, and even those I don't care to love.

Teach my kids to do the same. And as always, turn to Him.

Philippians 4:6-8
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment