Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Sunday, March 10, 2013

One GREAT weekend!

This was absolutely one of the best weekends we've had in long time! It started out on Thursday. We went to Mom and Dad U's house. ALL of us! All four of the kids. My parents joined us too. We celebrated Dave's birthday and it was just a fun night. I was thinking about Dave's birthday 18 years ago - we had celebrated it in that same dining room. Frank & Mary had brought in chefs to prepare a special dinner. My parents were there too. And then Dave surprised me by proposing! One of the best days of my life for sure. Many memories have been made over the past 19 years...since Dave came into my life. Not only did I gain a wonderful husband and 3 more children, but I also gained more family. Frank, Mary, Bob, Debra, Christine and her family, Bobbi, and all the extended family too! I only wish we saw everyone more.

Ok, back to our weekend. Dave, all four kids, and I spent the night at Mom & Dad U's. We then had a relaxing morning before Dave left to head down to his dad, Bob's house. He celebrated with Bob, Debra, and Bobbi. I know it was special for him. I missed him though. ;) He then had the privilege to speak at a Men's Breakfast at Bob's church. I can't wait to see the video.

Hailey and Mitchell stayed at Grandma & Grandpa U's while Mackenzie went to her friend's birthday dinner. Amanda, Josh, and I helped my mom take her Christmas tree down. YES...it was long overdue! My mom is still recovering from a bi-lateral knee replacement. She's doing great. Then us three girls went to see a movie. We picked a good chick flick complete with tears. Again...it was a blessing to spend time with my mom and my oldest daughter, who's soon to be a mom herself. 4 generations. :)

Saturday was a busy day. Hosanna! had an Impact Conference and we were blessed to hear Joel Manby, author of "Love Works" speak. I will do a special blog post just for that. If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it.

My hubby surprised me and stopped by church as we were finishing up the Impact Conference. We had planned on picking up the kids but they wanted to spend another night. Well, we decided to go on a date. First stop, a "man flick" movie. Second stop, Rudy's Red Eye Grill...thanks to John and Shari for the gift certificate. It's a nice restaurant and they had a piano man. He was fantastic!

And now...I have to get ready to head to Breakthrough Church. I'm excited to worship with Jon Russel, Erin Petersen, and Rachel Cummings. I will end our weekend by listening to my hubby, Pastor Dave, preach. And then we'll have dinner with some friends who are currently homeless. I can't think of a better way to end my weekend.

Have a great night friends! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment