Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Saturday, November 22, 2008

Better Together Challenge Update (and a contest)

Ok, Friday came and went and I realized that I didn't post my "Better Together" Challenge update. First I want to ask...how are you doing? Leave a comment and let me know. It's not too late to join either. Just click here for details.

So far...I've lost 6 1/2 pounds. Not too bad. :) I have 9 days to lose the remaining 3 1/2 pounds to meet my goal for this month. What is encouraging to me is that I have not been exercising for the past 1 1/2 weeks and I've still managed to lose a couple pounds. I lost the most the first week, but I was exercising for at least 15 minutes every day. Hmmm...do you think I'm on to something? :) I guess I'm going to have to step it back up!

Eating has been going pretty good. I've still been eating breakfast almost every day. Even if it's just a piece of toast. I have not had any fast food - huge! Oh well, except for a 6" subway sandwich. I even passed up McDonald's when my hubby went through the drive-thru at 10 pm last night. And even better than that...I didn't have one single french fry. Yippeeee for me! Speaking of McDonald's and speaking of french fries...here's the contest. I am addicted to My Charming Kids blog. MckMama is hilarious and her children are so beautiful. They were recently blessed with their 4th child...a gift from God...because she was told that this baby would die before he was born. Millions of prayers later...they were wrong...and God got all the glory! Ok, back to the contest...She is having a SMALL FRYday contest. You see, on her blog she calls her kids: Big Mac, MckNugget, Small Fry and MckMuffin. Oh and the oldest is 3! What???!!! Oh yes! So, stop on by and see their MckMiracle!

Don't forget to tell me how your challenge is going or let me know if you want to get started.

You can also read about some inspirational mom's and their blogs on my previous post.

Have an awesome, God-filled week!
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment