Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"Better Together" check-in

Hello friends!

I have a few minutes so I thought I would check in with you and see how our "Better Together Challenge" is going. So, far I'm doing pretty good. I'll quick share with you some things. If you're joining in for the first time you can find out about the "Better Together Challenge", and join us too.

  1. I've lost 3 pounds! Yippie!!!! I was super excited.


  2. My willpower is terrible, but God has amazing power and His spirit is inside me! I have not had one piece of Halloween candy since the challenge started. I love candy. I'm not depriving myself of treats altogether. I am going to treat myself to something each week and it's probably going to be a candy bar from the kids' stash! They actually gave me a whole bucket of their candy...which is sitting on my fridge as we speak.


  3. Know that Satan will tempt you. I have passed up so many pieces of cake within the past few days I can't even count. It's like cake is every where! The first thing I saw on Monday when I went into the break room at work was the cutest pumpkin cake. And two more times that evening I was offered yummy looking cake. Then this morning at our staff meeting we celebrated birthdays. And wouldn't you know there was chocolate cake with caramel on top, oreo cookie cake...cake, cake, cake...everywhere! Just stop with the cake already, I'm not giving in!!! :)


  4. I have been exercising everyday for my 15 minutes. :) Mainly walking, but I'm feeling good.


  5. I've had breakfast every day! Huge for me!

Ok, so how are you doing? I know that some of you wanted to email me about the challenge and that's just fine. But if you want to be a part of encouraging others, please feel free to post in the comments section too. PLEASE share your victories with us! Share your struggles as well so we can pray and encourage you.


"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Matthew 26:41


.


No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

.


When I rely on my own strength, it's hard to stay strong. But I am relying on the Lord to help me through this time. No matter what your challenge is, God can help you through this. Remember to share any victories or struggles.


.


Lord,

I thank you for bringing us together in "blog world". Your Word says you will use ALL things for good. You are so faithful. Please give each of us your strength as we try to honor you in our everyday lives. You know each one of us by name and you loves us so much. Walk with us Lord. Keep us safe from the lies and temptations of the evil one who comes to kill, rob and destroy. We can do all things through you Lord and we need you so. Be our provider. You are amazing Lord. Lord, I lift up Tracy and Christine to you. They are beautiful daughters of yours. Be with them and encourage them where ever they are. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment