Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, December 22, 2008

Finally, an update!

Hello there!

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated for so long. I've been so busy just trying to manage my time.

Last week was so amazing! Crazy, but really truly amazing. I was blessed to be a part of a very special Christmas party for Midwest Challenge (MWC). MWC is a Christian transitional housing program for men who are serving out the last 3 - 6 months of their prison sentence on work release and/or men who are recovering from drug or alcohol addictions. Some of these men have been homeless for months and waiting for a spot to open up in the program. We had a party for these men and their families. Although the weather prevented some families from making the trip, we still had a great turn out and a great time.


There were about 70 volunteers who helped make this event possible. Too many to name, that's for sure! At the end of the evening, each family came to get their bag of presents. As I watched one of the families open their gifts from afar, it was at that moment that I really experienced just how special this moment was for them. It made all the stress and craziness just disappear. Just to see the faces of those children and those dads was enough to bring me to tears. And although at times over the past few weeks I've felt like my children were "suffering" due to all the time I was spending on this party, I realized that if they knew how important this party was to all those kids, they would be more than happy to go through this again. The truth is that my kids have NO CLUE what suffering means. For some of these families, this was the FIRST time their father had ever given them a Christmas gift! And know that I am fully aware that Christmas is not about the gifts, but it does go a long way to mending hearts of these broken families.

------------------------------------------------------
A look into our lives for the past two weeks...
We've been decorating.....

We've been busy attending school parties....






Having parties at our house.....







Last Saturday, we went to the Winter Challenge for gymnastics for our 3 youngest children. They all did amazing. Did I tell you that Mitchell has now joined his sisters in the gym? He really likes it and did very well considering he has only had three classes.
Mitchell took 2nd place! Of course you may notice that there were only 2 boys in his level. :) That's ok...he didn't mind!



Hailey did not place this time, although I had to explain to her that we don't always get to stand on the podium. I reminded her that last time she got to be on there and others did not. It's tough at 5 years old to grasp that, but she did get a trophy and that helped!

This is Hailey getting ready to compete in vault.

Mackenzie took 1st place this time! Yeah! How great for her. She has really come a long way since last February when she started. She's getting close to making level 4 team. I don't know what to think about that, because not only is that a big time commitment but also a big financial one! She will jump from going twice a week for a total of 3 hours to going 4 times a week for a total of 8 hours! We'll really have to pray about this one!



-----------------------------------------------------

We're busy getting ready for Christmas at our house. We just finished shopping and wrapping presents for 17 men at Midwest Challenge. That was quite the challenge in itself. Now on to shopping and wrapping for our family. We will be going to church on Christmas eve and I will work at one of the services as well. Then we'll come home and get ready to have Christmas for my mom and dad's family at our house.

-----------------------------------------------------

And of course, we are always taking time to enjoy God's beauty....


In the hussle and bussle of things, I'm realizing how much we can miss out on what's really important. I found this letter and wanted to end with sharing it with you all. I know there are many times that I do these very things.




As you got up this morning, I watched you, and hoped you would talk to me, even if it was just a few words, asking my opinion or thanking me for something good that happened in your life yesterday. But I noticed you were too busy, trying to find the right outfit to wear. When you ran around the house getting ready, I knew there would be a few minutes for you to stop and say hello, but you were too busy. At one point you had to wait fifteen minutes with nothing to do except sit in a chair. Then I saw you spring to your feet. I thought you wanted to talk to me but you ran to the phone and called a friend to get the latest gossip instead. I watched patiently all day long. With all your activities I guess you were too busy to say anything to me.



I noticed that before lunch you looked around, maybe you felt embarrassed to talk to me and that is why you didn't bow your head. You glanced three or four tables over and you noticed some of your friends talking to me briefly before they ate, but you didn't. That's okay. There is still more time left, and I hope that you will talk to me yet. You went home and it seems as if you had lots of things to do. After few of them were done, you turned on the TV. I don't know if you like TV or not, just about anything goes there and you spend a lot of time each day in front of it not thinking about anything, just enjoying the show. I waited patiently again as you watched the TV and ate your meal, but again you didn't talk to me. Bedtime I guess you felt too tired. After you said goodnight to your family you plopped into bed and fell asleep in no time. That's okay because you may not realize that I am always there for you. I've got patience, more tan you will ever know. I even want to teach you how to be patient with others as well. I love you so much that I wait everyday for a nod, prayer or thought, or a thankful part of your heart. It is hard to have a one-sided converstaion.


Well you are getting up once again. Once again I will wait, with nothing but love for you. Hoping that today you will give me some time. Have a nice day!


Your Heavenly Father, GOD.


------------------------------------------------

Well, I hope that you all make some time to spend a few minutes of your day with our Heavenly Father. I know that is my goal. I can never have too much time with Him, thanking Him for what He has done for me.



My prayer for each of you is that you will have a wonderful Christmas and that you will be surprised by God each and every day!
Merry Christmas!
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment