Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Year's Eve 2008

Finally! The New Year's Eve post you've all been waiting for! Ok, well maybe not all of you, but most of you. Well, some of you...I hope. After all it took to get this done. And nope...I still don't have my computer totally functional. I was able to get my pictures off it and copy them to a CD and then download them on this laptop, with dial up. Ok, it's not dial up but it might as well be. Anyways...I love you all and you're totally worth it!

Here are some pictures...


Dave worked really hard to get this ice skating rink ready for New Year's Eve. These first 2 pictures were taken the weekend before New Year's when Dave started making the rink. It was hours of work to get this started and then flooded. Then on Tuesday, he flooded it again and then of course it snowed! This made for a bigger job so the kids and I helped shovel it and flood it again on Wednesday and that was no small task. It was a good workout though!

Does this bring back some memories Jim? :)




Mitchell...what are you doing?

And the hard work pays off.



Lot's of ice skating.
Is that a rink or what?

Hailey taking a break by the bonfire!







Look at that steam!

I'd say the hot tub as a huge hit with the kids. Some of them were crazy enough to jump in the snow? Of course, I'll never tell which parents those kids belong to!


Where's Nathan? Is that you in there? :)


Let's see some rosy cheeks!

Selah...



Mitchell

Cole...now THOSE are some rosy cheeks!!!

There was relaxation and chatting....

Mackenzie, Trace, Max


Linda and Cindy
Kathy
Brianna, Sheri, Tony, and Kurt

Randy, Marybeth and Tony





There was some serious competition going on....

Hunter, Jean and Bud and I think that's Carly watching.



Trace and Eric playing baseball on the Wii



Kids playing Dance, Dance Revolution


Don't let this sweet face fool you!

Wendy is quite the ping pong player! She gave ALL the guys a run for their money!

Of course, we always have to play Catch Phrase...guys against girls!

Linda knows the answer...shhhh!

This is Dan...trying to give the clues....one track mind and all! ha, ha!



Of course, what's a night without karaoke...
Selah and Hailey stole the show!


Fireworks!! They really were better than this picture!

After midnight...some were snuggling in...getting tired.



Where's Mackenzie? Where there are babies...you'll find Mackenzie!


Here's a video shortly after midnight! (Scroll down and pause the playlist at the bottom first.)Happy New Year everyone!



We really are blessed with so many wonderful friends. I can't tell you how much Dave and I love each and every one of you. You are family to us. For those of you that couldn't make it, you were missed. I tried to get pictures of everyone and I know I missed a few and there were a few pics that didn't turn out. I'm sorry. It's not because you're not loved. :) If anyone has some pics that I can post, send them my way!

We are looking forward to 2009 and all that it will bring.

Ending with this scripture:

Proverbs 17:17 Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble.

Love you all!

Christine

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just looked up your blog for the first time. Bad Kathy, Bad Kathy...Anyway, I love it! It was fun seeing all the pictures at the New Year's Party too. Although I don't like how fat I look. But, it was still a super fun time! Call me and tell me about your house!

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment