Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, April 13, 2009

Hailey's Golden Birthday!

I can't believe that my baby is 6 years old! Although I can't tell H that she's my baby anymore. She'll say, "Mom! I'm not a baby anymore! Stop calling me that!" :)

We had a very fun couple of days. For her "girly" party, we had 11 little girls over for a day in paradise! What is a day in paradise for 11 little girls? Well, let's see...pedicures (complete with flowers), a new pair of shoes, cupcakes and sundaes!



Before....
Grandma painted her toes...
My friend Marybeth helping out. Thank goodness!
My friend Kathy, busy painting flowers!
Thanks to both of you for helping!

This is H making her new pair of sandles to show off that pedicure. :)


No small task to paint 110 toes, put flowers on 22 of them, have them make their sandles...oops, someone should've thought about the fact that many kindergartners don't quite know how to tie yet!!!



...AFTER!



H's toes!


Backyardigan cupcakes!



How hard is it to get a picture of 4 kids??
Apparently it's pretty tough to get them to all smile at the same time with their eyes open!
Silly string!
Oh and is that snow? YES!
Not quite what I had in mind for April.


On her actual birthday morning, she wanted a manicure...with a flower! :)
So, I obliged.

Then we went to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner with Grandma P, Autie Dede & Uncle Scott, and the kids. Kenzie brought a friend with her too.



Where she played lots of games!
This is H and Grandma P. playing some shooting game!



The night ended with a visit from the mouse himself!


Matthew 19:13 from The Message: One day children were brought to Jesus in the hope that he would lay hands on them and pray over them. The disciples shooed them off. But Jesus intervened: "Let the children alone, don't prevent them from coming to me. God's kingdom is made up of people like these." After laying hands on them, he left.
Wow! If God's kingdom is made up of people like these...children...can you imagine what that's like? Children live so freely. They love freely. They are so trusting and look at things with a true desire to learn and soak things in. Children are such a blessing!
Happy Birthday H, sweet child of God! A shining light for all to see!
Love, mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment