Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, May 18, 2009

Rest

I certainly feel as though I've had plenty of rest. I've been in the hospital since Tuesday. All I do is lay here in bed, all day, and rest. Well, I guess watching TV and "playing" on the computer may not be considered rest. I'm hooked on Facebook! It's my connection to the rest of the world right now. I think I'm going to take a nap and I'll finish this post later! REST says the Lord! So, I will!

I had a good "rest". I'm staying here another night. We talked about long term care. My options are to go to a rehab center/nursing home or to go home and have a bed set up on our main floor since I can't do stairs. Hmmmm....I think I'll go home. There's nothing they can do for me right now, it's just a waiting game for my back to heal. Generally the disc will heal on it's own, it just takes time.

What does God say about rest?

Gen 2:2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Psalm 23:2-3 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psalm 33:22 May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

I'm resting in Him.

1 comment:

Please Leave a Comment