Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.

Monday, May 17, 2010

A great start and a minor set back...

Well, I'm off to a great start with my new eating schedule. I was told by my personal trainer that I need to eat more! Isn't that funny? If I want to lose weight I have to eat more. Well, more often anyways. I have a really hard time eating breakfast. I'm just not hungry when I get up. Add to that the routine of getting my kids ready for school, get them breakfast, get myself ready, and I usually don't eat until after 12:00 pm. BAD! VERY BAD! Since my first meeting with the p.t. I have eaten breakfast every day. That would be two days. :) Today I had yogurt with granola and fresh fruit. I had a pretty picture of it, but if I wait until I get time to upload the pictures, I'll never get my post finished. :)  In addition to eating breakfast I've also been snacking on fruit and vegies throughout the day. Tomorrow is my first official workout with the p.t.  I'm super excited!

What's the set back? I will be having a hysterectomy. :(  I've had major "female" issues for the past few years. I had an ablation 2 years ago and for 90% of women it works fabulous. I happen to fall in to the other 10%. After an ultrasound and a phone call with my doctor, he told me that I'm out of options. I can choose to go on with my issues which put me in so much pain that I lay in bed for 1 or 2 days crying. And I keep my hubby awake at night as well. Not that he's complaining but I feel bad. Yesterday, we were at Target when the severe cramping started. Trust me when I say that I know what labor feels like as I've had 4 children. And my cramping feels like beginning labor pains. The point where you start asking for the drugs. So, I left Target in tears and went right up to bed. It's fine when my hubby is with me and he can take care of kids and stuff, but when it's just me that doesn't work too well.

We will meet with my doctor on Wednesday and decide on the type of hysterectomy I have and schedule the surgery. The set back will be that I won't be able to workout like I want to. The plus will be that I hope to lose some weight before my surgery. And my p.t. will be helping me with core strengthening. This will help with my healing, especially with my back problems. The bummer is that my softball days will be over for the summer. :(  My doctor says the healing time is about 6 weeks. I don't think I'll be taking 6 weeks off of work, but will probably need to take a few. We'll see.

On the bright side, I will spend more time reading with my kiddos. I will spend more time reading myself. I will spend more time sitting by the pool with my kids instead of doing heavy workouts. :)  OH and the biggest (ok well maybe not the biggest) benefit, I will have much more time to blog and hang out in communities with all of YOU!

I'm at peace and I'm thanking God in ALL things, including this minor set back...which includes a few benefits. :)

1 comment:

  1. OH not fun...but neither are monthly cramps. WIll be praying for you about this!
    Thank you for being willing to let the kids lead worship for the women. FUN!!!


Please Leave a Comment