Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Night Under the Stars

As the weather starts to get hold here in Minnesota, I find myself thinking more and more about the homeless. They spend the days walking the streets and the nights trying to keep from freezing. This is reality for nearly 10,000 Minnesotans. If you can't imagine what I'm talking about, I invite you to spend the night in a tent or under a tarp or just under the stars. You can do it on Saturday for Breakthrough Ministries "A Night Under the Stars", you can do it in your own back yard, or you could try to do it in the middle of December.

I would like to extend an invitation to all of YOU, to come down to Straight Rivers Golf Course in Faribault anytime this Saturday or Sunday. There will be golf, fun games for kids, bouncy house, a dunk tank, lots of food and a concert by Ayiesha Woods at 6 pm on Saturday, September 11. You can come for the entire time or come for the concert.

The Faribault Daily News did an article on this event. Here's the link. This event is FREE, although donations and pledges are very appreciated.

I firmly believe it is OUR job to end this problem. We need to step up and help our brothers and sisters. Will you help? Attend this event, make a pledge, or come down to the Dorothy Day Center on Tuesdays and help feed the homeless. We will also be collecting blankets and socks over the next few months.

Thanks and blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment