Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Friday, January 14, 2011

My friend Kristie

I blogged about my friend Kristie a while ago. She has Glioblastoma Brain Cancer and it is stage 4. The prognosis that the doctors give is not good. Although we are putting our faith in the ultimate physician, Jehovah Rapha. Our God who heals. We are believing for a miracle! We pray and we trust. Right now Kristie is having issues with her vision. The good news is that it is not a new tumor or regrowth of the first tumor. It is swelling from radiation that is affecting the optical nerve. The bad news is that she can't read right now and can't drive. If you would like to join me in praying for her or leave her an encouraging message in her Guest Book, here's the link to her CaringBridge Site. Although she can't read them right now, her family reads them to her.

We are planning a benefit for Kristie and her family. It will be on Sunday, January 30. If you are local and would like to attend the benefit for her family, consider yourself invited. Here are details about the benefit. We will have dinner, silent auction, concert by Peder Eide, and a mini carnival for the kids with lots of games, a bounce house, face painting and crazy hair!

If you would like to volunteer to help at the benefit, click here. We need lots of help!

Cancer is something that is affecting so many people in my life right now. My heart breaks for my friends and my family. It's an ugly word and a nasty disease. I pray for everyone that is going through this right now.

Acts 4:29-30 And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word. Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment