Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm afraid

of heights.

So this freaks me out!

Yep...that's my teenager
soon to be high schooler
in the air!

I think my prayer life will be enhanced this year!

I have to trust that she won't fall.

There's actually so much more that I need to trust.

More than good grades.

There's the basics:
good friends
good behavior
no boys :)

Then there are the more serious things:
good friends
good choices
safety!
no boys ;)
protection from predators
protection from bullies
protection from boys!
protection from herself!

You get it!

Most of all though...it is my prayer that she would have a deep sense of awe and love for Christ. That no matter what, she would put Him first. I know that will be tough to do at times. There will be times when she will have to make tough choices. My concern is for her eternal life. Of course, my concern is for her life here as well. I am afraid of heights after all. And the thought of watching other girls through her in the air and catch her is a little terrifying. 

I think it's actually good that I'm seeing this for the first time in a picture...

Kenzie is in the top - middle of this pyramid.

One thing is for certain...these girls have been working hard.
This is the side-line team.
This team cheers for football games.

The majority of these girls are also on the Competition Cheer Squad.
They do dances, cheers, and stunts.
Really tough stunts that involves throwing (let's not bring that up again) girls in the air and catching them. This is much like the life of a parent. We train them up and then let them into the world. The difference is that I'm trusting God to catch her!


Kenzie is second row, second from the left.

As for God, his way is perfect.
All the LORD's promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
Psalm 18:30




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment